- 2 -

"Someone's giddy today" Taylor exclaimed in a sing-song voice as she sat down on her table with two coffee cups in her hand.

"They're back today, why wouldn't I be happy?" I said, laughing at her reaction as she realised whom I meant then smiled too.

Taylor had been my best friend since I was a baby. We basically grew up together. Our moms were best friends too, so it was only natural for us to grow so close to each other.

After my mom's death, Taylor's mom was the next person whom I could call my mother, not that sorry excuse of a human who lounged all day acting oh-so-concerned about me when my dad was around and then didn't even spare me a glance once he was gone.

Typical evil stepmother, I tell you.

My life was far from normal, and Taylor knew everything about me and I about her. Our bond only grew stronger with each passing day and I was thankful to have her as my friend.

We chatted about the usual, the weather, politics, recent changes in the country, and gossiping about Josephine and Olivia.

Every now and then Taylor would sigh and look out the window dreamily with her chin on her palm.

"I wish one of us could find a man, who loves us for us, takes us out, buys us gifts and then gets jealous too, and sweeps us off our feet." She sighed again and I nudged her with my elbow and told her to stop daydreaming.

"Seriously Bels, it's been like, two years. You should let go now. Move on, find someone who'll actually love you and not someone who will run after your money." I sighed like every time I did when Taylor mentioned him.

"I know Tay, but I'm in no mood for wasting my time on dating useless men with an inflated ego. They're like Olivia, but like a male version, and even worse." I shuddered, when Taylor looked at me for a few seconds before we both started laughing hysterically.

"I don't-I don't think there's anyone worse, B." Taylor struggled to say all the while holding herself from falling down from laughing.

When we finally stopped, we looked around to see the previously empty café now busy with people. I could hear the people chatting, laughing and talking and I wished it could've been quiet for a while longer.

I got up from our table after finishing my coffee and told Taylor that I had to go to the office regarding some designing, to which she told me that she had some work to finish anyway and would stay here a little longer.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you? There's really no problem, I can go to the office later." I asked Taylor, but she only smiled.

"It's fine really. You go to work and when you're done, call me. Okay?" I told her I'd call her in the evening and said goodbye to her, aware of the crowd forming in the café.

"Ugh... this is why I like solitude" I muttered to myself and tried to get out of the huge crowd of people blocking my way.

I kept my head down and pulled my hat and glasses closer to my face so no one would recognize me.. It was only when I bumped into a wall and I fell face forward, but didn't hit the floor before someone caught me.

Just as I was about to regain my footing someone pushed me from behind and I bumped into the wall again and felt a hot liquid trickling down my hands and then heard someone curse.

When I looked up to see that I had not only bumped into someone twice, thinking it was a wall, but also spilled coffee on this person's white dress shirt which was now more brown than white.

Whoops?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bump into you, I'm really sorry!" I rambled, grabbed some napkins from the nearest table and started dabbing at the stain, only for the person to hold my wrist, hot tingles erupting from where he held me.

"Just stop! Look at what you've done! I've got a meeting in 30 minutes and you've soiled my shirt!" The man's voice boomed and I dared myself to look up to see a pair of deep blue eyes staring right at me, fuming with anger.

"I'm really sorry sir, I didn't see you there, I'll pay for the damages and the dry cleaning. Actually you know what, I'll get you a new shirt, but I'm really sorry, sincerely." I apologised but it only made the man angrier.

"What good will cleaning or buying me a new shirt do now? I've got a meeting to attend and you've... fuck it!" He groaned in frustration and I apologised again and told him that I really didn't see him.

"Well how would you see, are you blind or something? Why are you wearing sunglasses inside the café?" He exclaimed, now more frustrated than angry.

This made me angry too. I'd been apologising to the man for god knows how long and he can't get past the fact that I spilled the coffee on him, and it wasn't even mine for god's sake!

I lost my temper and nearly shouted but thought better of it.

"Well, if you're so concerned about your meeting, you should stop wasting time already because you spent the last 10 minutes arguing with me when you could've just changed your stupid shirt." I hissed and he smirked, making me frown.

Is this dude bipolar or something?

"At least I'm not the blind one here. You'll pay for the coffee you just spilled and the shirt you just ruined." He said it slowly, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear, and a few people stared at us while some chuckled at how we were acting like kids.

That's when something in me snapped and in an impulse, I took off my glasses forcefully to look him in the eye.

For a few seconds he just stared at me... awestruck? He suddenly cleared his throat and looked away when I realised people were staring at me with shocked and surprised expressions, covering their mouths.

"Shit" I muttered then went to the counter and went to Martha, the barista.

"Martha, please give this kind man a coffee to his liking and put it on my tab.", and taking a pen from the counter and scribbling my number, gave it to her and told her to tell him that I'd pay for the ruined shirt.

After that I pulled my hat down and put my glasses on and nearly ran out of there before people started talking.

So much for keeping a low profile.

* * *

Who is Isabelle really and why does she wear glasses all the time? Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: What is your favourite drink?