- 5 2 -

I went back upstairs to my bedroom, Adam right behind me. Closing the room's door behind me, I gestured for him to sit on the couch. 

He hesitated at first but then sat down, and I sat across him, to put some distance between us.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes. I looked anywhere but him, but I felt his gaze on my face.

"Look at me." He spoke but I only looked at his hands. 

"Please." He sounded desperate so I forced myself to look into his eyes.

Those beautiful eyes.

He sighed loudly, giving me a small, pained smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"I don't know what went wrong, Rose. I'm really sorry on my father's behalf on dropping that bomb on you. Trust me when I tell you this, I didn't know." He looked at me pleadingly.

I sighed, taking a deep breath. 

"I do trust you, I just-... I..." But I couldn't say it. I couldn't form my feelings into words. 

"I don't what to say. Literally." I gave a small nervous chuckle.

"I'm so sorry for putting you in the spotlight like that. You didn't deserve any of that. Or the shit that's been going on since the past week." He told me and I nodded.

"You're right. I didn't. Especially now that people have suddenly remembered I was Michael Woods' girlfriend." I spoke, looking at the walls that suddenly became very interesting.

Did I mention that after his father's announcement, people had suddenly remembered that I was once Michael Woods' girlfriend? 

Impeccable timing, as always.

"Have you seen the articles on me? Apparently this" I gestured to us both. 

"Is a love triangle. And both you and Michael are fighting for my attention. It's pathetic, really. Makes me look like I'm the latest toy that children are fighting over." I sighed, running a hand over my face. 

"I know. And I'm sorry." He spoke and I shook my head.

"For what Adam? For giving people a hint that we were somehow engaged and set to be married shortly? Or for people to find about my horrid past? Or probably the rumor that I'm pregnant and don't know if it's your child or Michael's. Or maybe that I'm a home wrecker and ruined your relationship with Milani." I was now standing and my voice became louder, tears stinging my eyes. 

"You." I pointed my finger at his chest when he stood up and came near me. 

"This is all because of you. Your ex, your dad, your reputation, your fame and your fans." I said through clenched teeth and felt the tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I-..." Adam opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it. 

"I know. It's all my fault." He whispered, taking a hold of my hand and pulling me towards him, holding me in his embrace.

I shuddered, inhaling his intoxicating scent that made me dizzy and relaxed in his warmth. I couldn't stop the waterworks now, as tears streamed down my face freely and I cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispered, running a hand down my hair and holding me closer, burying his face in my neck and placing soft kisses there when I shivered. 

He pulled away, holding my face with his hands as he looked into my eyes.

"I'm sorry. You have no idea how I've felt this past week. I've been so worried about you." He whispered, resting his forehead against mine. I held his wrists, placing my hands on his and felt his warmth as I exhaled slowly.