Chapter 13 - I Won't Say I'm In Love (Alya/Rena Rouge)

Carapace. I understand why he didn't show up that night now. His great uncle died and he had to attend the Funeral. Losing a family member is hard.

So I'm no longer mad at him, or in love with him. It would be too dangerous. Because one day I'll need to know who he is, and if I get Akumatized, I'll be putting him in danger.

I can't put him in danger. I don't want to put anyone I care about in danger. Like my parents, my sisters, my best friends, Chloe and Marinette, my guy best friends, Adrien, Luka and.... Nino.

He's the one I don't want to let down the most. I care about him so much... I believe it's making me fall in love with him.. I don't want to admit it, but I think I've fallen in love with Nino..

He's just so kind and thoughtful, I was in love once before, I don't want to ruin it this time. I just really hope he doesn't fall in love with me as Rena.

He'll have to go through what I went through with Carapace, it being too dangerous. I wish I accepted him when he confessed to me.. I didn't. Because I was blinded by my love for Carapace.

If I'm going to remain a Superhero, being in love will have to be the last thing on my mind. So I can't... No, I won't say I'm in love, I can't be in love, not until Hawk Moth is gone.

Beating him has to be on the top of my mind. It will be the first thing on my mind... It is the only thing on my mind.

*_*-~

"Alya!" I turned around and saw Nino heading my way. He stopped when he was in front of me. "Can I talk to you?" He looked nervous. "Sure." I said. He looked around then took my hand. "Not here, needs to be somewhere private." He didn't say anything after that until we were hidden in an ally.

He sighed. "So I kept thinking about what happened yesterday." Is he taking about when Mari asked Adrien when he was going to tell Luka about his crush on him?

"It was clear Luka was gay, he told us, but Adrien? I wish he had just told me. I don't want to keep secrets between us." He was avoiding eye contact.

"Adrien never told any of us he was gay. Well, not directly, Marinette told me and Chloe that when she asked him what he hoped for in his soulmate, his description sounded so much like Luka so we just figured it out on our own." Nino looked up.

"I'm glad I found out. But Luka is dating a Superhero. He knows the risks right? It way too dangerous..." He quickly looked at me.

"Sorry, I know how you feel about Carapace..." I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, the two of us worked it out and he agreed that it was too dangerous, I never expected to get over him so fast." Am I over him though..?

"I know how you feel, I was rescued by Rena Rouge one day and I just couldn't help falling for her, but I came to my senses about the risks, dating a Superhero is too dangerous, at least until Hawk Moth is defeated. I hadn't liked her long so it was easy to get over." He fell for Rena... That's not good.

"I don't want to ruin Luka's love life, but I don't want him to be in danger because his boyfriend is Chat Noir. The last thing I want is to break them up, I just want him to be careful, and let Chat Noir and his team take down Hawk Moth so they can be together danger free." Wow. I actually wouldn't mind being with Nino, he's amazing.

He was quiet. "Well, that's it.." Would I be too forward if I kissed his cheek? Not his lips, his cheek. Like I did when we had dinner together. Would he freak out? I don't want him to freak out.

"Hey Alya.." I turned to him and his face was red. "Do you... Uhm... Do you want to go on a real date with me?" He's asking me out. Since our first "date" was as friends, this one will be real.