Chapter 23 - Just Another Awkward Situation (Luka/Viperion)

"The two of you are... You're... Twins..."

I stared at my Mom. Juleka and I are twins?! Since when? Juleka was just as surprised as I was. She couldn't even speak. I couldn't speak either.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I had forgotten, until your Father reminded me." She proceeded to tell us the entire story.

How Juleka was born so tiny she needed to stay in the Hospital for a year. And I was too little to understand if my Mom told me then.

I wasn't mad at her, I'd never be mad at my Mom. From what she went through, I can't blame her for not telling me. I looked at Juleka and she nodded. "We understand why you didn't tell us, it would have been too hard to relive that experience so soon. But I'm glad you told us now." We had a family hug, a real family hug.

*_*-~

Adrien and I were left in the girls washroom. Ladybug had told us to stay put. But I really needed to transform to help her. Adrien was getting impatient. "I-uh.. Need to go.." Why was he being so shy about it?

"We're in a washroom." I stated the obvious. "Yeah but this is the girls washroom..." He mumbled.

"It's not that bad using the same bathroom that women use. I grew up with two my entire life, I only met my Dad once before, and I was already a teenager. I share a room with my sister for crying out loud. Who I just recently found out is my twin. And if she focuses hard enough she can read my mind because of that twin telepathy we apparently have." It was a lot, and I admit it was a little aggressive..

Adrien was staring at me. He took a moment to look at the door with his eyes, then back at me. "Sorry.." Was the last thing he said before he bolted out the door.

"Adrien wait!" I followed him but he was already gone. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you.." He didn't return so I'm guessing he didn't hear me.

I sighed. I know Ladybug told me to stay, but I couldn't let Adrien wander alone with that Supervillain on the lose.

I wandered around for what seemed forever when I was almost crushed by falling debris. The Supervillain had returned. I remember him clearly now.

He trapped me in that cocoon... And he was about to do it again. "You escaped, I'll just trap you again..." I couldn't move, I was frozen.

I knew he was going to get me. Until he didn't. I felt the wind in my face. I was moving. I opened my eyes and I realized I was in someones arms...

Chat Noir's arms. He saved me. And he managed to lose the Supervillain. He carried me out of the building and onto some rooftops where he continued to run, just a bit slower. And the silence was just killing me.

It was an awkward silence. That damn awkward silence. It's just another awkward moment between us.

"Do you feel awkward?" Dumb question? Yes, very dumb question. I just couldn't help it. I just had to break the awkward silence, besides, it's been almost a month since I last saw him, and then it was already two months since the breakup. And now it's almost three...

"It's been like three months. But yes, of course I feel awkward." I can tell he's trying to hide his annoyance. I don't blame him...

"Even after what happened you're still going to save me?" I'm aware that was a very stupid question with an obvious answer.

"It's my job. I have to, I'd be a horrible Superhero if I didn't save someone just because of something personal."

"Right, even if-" He cut me off.