Chapter 67 - The Book Of You & I (Alya/Rena Rouge)

It was something we needed to do. Plan Chloe's surprise party, of course. It's her Sweet Sixteen we have to do something. But since it was a surprise we had to keep it a secret from Chloe.

When I came to School I saw Adrien, he seemed a little nervous. So I walked up to him. "Hey.. You good?" He looked at me. "O-oh y-yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." He said. I raised my eyebrow. "Are you sure?" I asked.

His eyes darted around and then he sighed. "I couldn't stop thinking about what Chloe told me." He admitted. "What did she tell you?" I know it's none of my business, but Chloe is my friend, and I want to make sure she's okay.

"Your Music teacher is Chloe's aunt." He finally said. "What?!" I tried not to be loud, but that was definitely not what I expected. "Her Dad doesn't know she's here. That's all she told me." He said.

"I see.. I would rather have her explain than ask, but I know she'll tell us. When she's ready." He smiled. "You're right."

*_*-~

"Are you coming?" I asked Chloe. "Yeah, Mrs. Lopez just wants to talk to me for a minute, I'll be right behind you." I nodded and followed Nino out of the room. "What was that about?" He asked. "I have no idea," I answered.

The two of us made our way to the stage, meeting with Marinette, Luka, Adrien and Juleka on the way and we all headed to the one class all of us shared. "Where's Chloe? Doesn't she have Music with you?" Luka asked me.

"Mrs. Lopez just wanted to talk to her. She's coming." I told him. He nodded. "I hope she's not in trouble." Juleka said. "Chloe? In trouble? She's way too nice. She wouldn't do anything bad even if it would save her life. Her getting in trouble is impossible." Marinette said.

Adrien looked at me. "Do you think it could be about... You know, that thing she told me?" He asked. "Maybe.." I looked over to see all my friends looking at me.

Wondering what the heck we were talking about. In the corner of my eye I saw Adrien give a little nod. "I was hoping Chloe would tell us herself, but..." I looked back at Adrien.

"Chloe told me something yesterday. That Mrs. Lopez-the music teacher-is her Dad's.... Sister. Making her Chloe's.. Aunt." He explained. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say they were speechless. I already knew. But when I first found out I definitely had the same reaction.

"Wait, wait, wait," Nino waved his hands. "Are you saying Mrs. Lopez is Chloe's aunt?" He asked. Adrien nodded. "That's exactly what I'm saying." He said.

"Wow. That was definitely unexpected to say the least." I walked closer to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I had the same reaction." Nino looked up at me. "How long have you known?" He asked. "Adrien told me this morning." I told him.

"But he's known since last night." I added. "It was the only thing on my mind. I hardly got any sleep." He confessed. I saw Luka bite his lip.

"Are you okay? You're not too tired right? Maybe you should take a nap when you get home." He suggested but Adrien didn't seem happy. "I'm fine, Luka. I don't need you to look after me. I'm not your boyfriend anymore."

My mouth dropped open. So did Nino's. Marinette stared at him. Then she smacked his arm. "What the heck?! Why would you say something like that to him?" He rubbed his arm. But he stayed silent.

He looked away from us. I moved my eyes to Luka. He looked so hurt. Like he was just mentally stabbed. In the heart.

Juleka was there to comfort him while Marinette took Adrien's hand and dragged him away somewhere.

If Adrien knew he just said that to his boyfriend then he would feel so guilty. Nino was still shocked. I get that.

Adrien and Marinette returned a few minutes later. Adrien looked really guilty. I watched as he walked up to Luka. He hesitated a bit before speaking. "Luka.. I'm really s-sorry... I shouldn't have said that... It was really mean... I'm sorry.." He looked away to hide the tears that were forming in his eyes.