Chapter 38 - The Greatest (Marinette/Ladybug)

Science. My favorite class. Am I being sarcastic? Yes, I am. For once I'm relieved I'm at School. It's sort of nice recovery for the Supervillain we fought yesterday.

When I found Adrien passed out I panicked. I was so relieved when I heard him breathing and saw his stomach go up and down.

Mrs. Mendeleiev isn't that bad. She can be nice when it counts, but most of the time she's strict. I'm just glad I have this class with both Alya and Juleka.

"Now all of you be quiet, we have a project to get done. I'll pick the groups." I hope I'm with Alya and Juleka, but knowing Mrs. Mendeleiev, I doubt it.

"Alya, Juleka, and Sabrina." Oh shoot. At least they have eachother. Good luck girls.

"Madison, Mason and Marinette." Two new people. I looked behind me and they waved me over. When I sat down, I noticed how similar they looked. "Wow. You two look a lot alike." Madison smiled.

"Of course we do. We're twins." Ah, should have guessed. "Oh right. I'm friends with a pair of twins." I mentioned. "You mean Juleka and Luka right? Twins know another pair of twins when they see one. It's that special twin thing we have." Mason explained.

I blushed lightly when he winked at me. His sister noticed. I made eye contact with her and she gave me an approving nod.

I smiled back at her. "Well, seems like we're all getting along. This project is going to be easy." I laughed. "You and Juleka would get along, having an older twin brother is one thing you have in common." I said.

"Who said he was the older one?" Madison nudged Mason. "You're older?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes. "I wish." Mason laughed. "I'm only older by a minute and a half." He teased.

"That's pretty far to the age difference between Juleka and Luka. They're twelve minutes apart." I added. They looked at me. "I wish we were that many minutes apart." Madison mumbled. "Aw Mads, I'm offended." Mason put his arm to his forehead and dramatically pretended to faint.

I giggled. "We better get started. Mrs. Mendeleiev is going to have our heads if we don't get this project done." I brought up. They nodded and we began our research.

*_*-~

"Are you finally ready to talk to him again?" Adrien was back in my room. Tikki and Plagg were in their own little world. He wasn't speaking and that made me suspicious.

"Did something happen when we fought that Supervillain?" He shook his head. "Just give me a little bit more time. I'm almost ready..." I signed. "Okay." I said and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I hope Luka can hold on for a little longer, or else he'll go crazy. He already couldn't handle not seeing you for a week. If he has to wait another week I don't even want to think about what he'll do." I know I said that out loud. I was counting on it.

No, it wasn't to make him feel bad. It was to encourage him to talk to Luka sooner. And maybe he might feel bad but that wasn't my intention.

Adrien bit his lip and rubbed his arm. "I miss him..." He admitted. "It's been killing me to ignore him for something so stupid! He was just worried about me and I got upset over it. I'm such a terrible boyfriend!" He buried his face in his hands.

"You are not a terrible boyfriend." I told him sternly, crossing my arms over my chest. "He followed you home without you knowing and it made you feel like he didn't trust you to take care of yourself, there's nothing wrong with feeling like that." He looked up from his hands at me. "He did make me feel that way..." He mumbled.

"And that doesn't make either of you terrible boyfriends. He was worried, and you felt untrusted." He sighed. "It won't be long, promise. I also can't stand being away from him." I smiled.