Chapter 41 - Pumped Up Kicks (Nino/Carapace)

"Drama class is serious business, the stage is somewhere you can be yourselves. Express who you really are, the best place to make your friends. When I was your age Drama was my most favorite subject, I tried to do acting out in the real world... But it didn't work out for me. So I decided to teach the magic of acting instead and became the Drama teacher. I'm Mrs. Tucker by the way."

Drama is the only class I have with all my friends. This is the first year I've taken Drama. I'm not completely positive I'll be even a decent actor. But I'll try.

"Tableau is simple. It's sort of like charades but without movement. It's like a picture, all you have to do is freeze in character. Now, I'm going to let you get into groups of six, and you're going to make a tableau that the other groups will guess. Any funny business and I'll switch you around," This is perfect. Not the funny business swinging around part, but the part where we can choose our groups.

I'll be with my five friends. Marinette, Adrien, Luka, Juleka, Chloe and Alya brought their chairs over to me and put them in a circle. "Any ideas?" I watched as the evil smirk on Chloe's face appeared.

"Snow White and the seven dwarfs, when Snow White was asleep and the Prince came to wake her up. I volunteer Adrien to be Snow White," I turned to look at Adrien.

"What?! No! Absolutely not!" His face was red, a sign he knows the Fairy Tale. "Why? Afraid because I also volunteer Luka to be the handsome Prince that wakes his Princess with a kiss?" Adrien's mouth fell open.

"What's the big deal? He's already your boyfriend, you kiss all the time," Adrien pouted. "Not in public! And if it's a tableau, and we're frozen in that position, I'll pass on suffocating thank you very much," He crossed his arms over his chest and turned away and huffed.

"Oh.. Yeah I see that now... But your lips don't need to actually be together, just really, really close, and enough room for you to breathe." I turned to Luka, he was also red.

"We're not doing that scene! Pick a less embarrassing one..." Adrien mumbled. Alya giggled from beside me. Marinette did the same.

Chloe rolled her eyes, but gave in. "Fine, we'll do the scene when Snow White met the seven dwarfs, but there are only five of us to play the dwarfs so we have to pick the most important ones." She put on her thinking face.

"Nino, you can be Sneezy, in the tableau, freeze mid-sneeze. Marinette can be Happy, Alya can be Bashful, Juleka can be Doc, I'll be Sleepy and Luka will be Grumpy, I was thinking of giving Adrien that position but then who would be our Snow White?" Adrien rolled his eyes.

Having to freeze mid-sneeze? Yeah, I can do that. "Are we all in agreement?" Chloe asked. I heard no objections from my friends. "We should practice then," Chloe continued. We stood up from our chairs.

"Mari, stand over here," Chloe instructed. Marinette nodded and went to stand where Chloe told her to. She positioned herself in a very happy stance. "Can you stay like that for a while?" Mrs. Tucker explained to us that we need to be in a position that we can hold.

And it has to be comfortable that we can stay in it for a while. Chloe did the same with Alya, Juleka, and Luka. And then in was my turn.

My first attempt at a mid-sneeze turned into a real sneeze. "Bless you," Alya said. I smiled. "Thanks." Chloe cleared her throat to snap us out of staring at eachother.

I succeeded in my second attempt. "Perfection!" Chloe got into her own position as Sleepy. Adrien rolled his eyes before coming into the middle of us and trying his best to look like a Princess.

We practiced until the end of the period. "Okay! Tomorrow you will show off your tableaus and guess the other teams tableau. Have a nice day everyone! See you tomorrow!"