Chapter 65 - Sand In My Boots (Nino/Carapace)

I knew Adrien said he would take up Football, but I didn't think he was being serious. I thought he only said that because he was a little mad that we lost to Luka's class.

Then we played a game of Soccer against a Supervillain. We won, of course. But it was really hard. He was a professional. And we were just a team of teenagers. I was goalie and I killed it out there.

With my shield I blocked all of their goals. I've always been a Soccer player. Since I was a kid. And Luka sure seems like he's one too. I've been playing since I was in third grade.

And everytime they put me on goalie. I didn't mind, I liked being goalie. Because I was the best at it. I could have easily stopped Luka and Adrien's kicks but I wanted to let Luka show off and let Adrien have his first goal.

It made him happy. And Luka is good.

I smiled as I headed to School. But then I saw Alya. At least, I'm pretty sure it was Alya. She was... With another guy, and really into the conversation.

A tear rolled down my face as she put her hand on him.. And... Kissed him. I shut my eyes tight. My emotions were taking over.

I know it's not real. Why would Alya cheat on me? It makes no sense. But my emotions wouldn't listen to my brain. They were convinced it was her.

I knew what was going to happen. I looked at my wrist. "Wayzz, you need to take this. Find the real Alya." I slipped it off and gave it to him. "B-but." He started.

"No buts Wayzz, go!" He gave me a hug before flying off. I watched as Alya and the guy went all out. My emotions kept going and they wouldn't stop.

Not until a black butterfly landed into my headphones. I know Alya will save me. I just have to let it happen.

"Rocketeer, you have seen the love of your life betray you. I know you want your revenge. I will give you that power. Just bring me the Miraculous of all the Superheroes."

I stayed silent as I was Akumatized.

*_*-~

"Don't listen to him!" Rena yelled. I didn't want to say anything. A part of me was still left. The image of Alya and the other guy appeared again. And that's when I knew for sure it wasn't real.

Ladybug threw her Yo-Yo at it and it vanished. An illusion... Lila. "I'm not going to let you have control of me." I told Hawk Moth and took my headphones and broke them.

"Nooo!!!"

Ladybug captured it and I was De-akumatized. I looked at my friends and teammates. "Sorry about that. My emotions took control of me." Rena came up to me. "No worries." She smiled at me. Then she gave my Miraculous back to me. In secret.

They all left. Wayzz came out. "Never do that again, please." I smiled at him. "I won't. Promise." He gave me another hug.

"We should get home." I said.

*_*-~

The next day, Alya, Chloe, Juleka and Marinette, bombarded me with questions, why I got Akumatized, and others. "I have some bad news. I saw an illusion of Alya... Cheating on me. I knew it wasn't real, but my emotions wouldn't listen. And if it was an illusion, that only means one thing." The girls exchanged glances.

"Lila." The four of them said in unison. I nodded. "She's back." Alya hugged me and then cupped my face. "You know I would never dream of doing that to you, right?" I placed my hands on hers. "I know." I said.

"This must be his plan. To Akumatize all of us one by one, and then have phase two ready and waiting. He's already gotten Chloe, Luka, Juleka, Adrien, and now Nino. Alya, you and I are next. But... I think that's not quite the plan." Marinette turned back to face us all.