Chapter 56 - Fearless (Adrien/Chat Noir)

I am very much aware that I told Luka I still love him. And I do, there was full truth to that. But there was also truth to the fact that I couldn't be with him anymore.

And sure I kinda avoided him by asking Felix to pretend to be me...

~Flashback~

Felix, my cousin had decided to visit. I remembered we used to pretend to be eachother when we were kids. So I asked him to do me a favor.

"You want me to be you so I can apologize to your Ex-boyfriend for you?" He responded. "Yes." I told him. I held out an earpiece so we could stay in touch, or at least I can give him instructions.

And yeah, I have a bad memory with earpieces but I'm not afraid of him anymore. He has no control over me.

Felix finally gave in and dressed up as me and made his hair match mine. Then we went to School.

I took my place hiding behind a pillar, while Felix took his place somewhere out in the open. I spotted Luka... With Marinette.

"Okay, so when they come over to you, act annoyed, roll your eyes and stuff like that, got it?" I instructed him.

"Whatever you say, cousin," He said. I rolled my eyes. As I expected, Marinette called over to "me" and Felix did exactly what I asked him to. He pretended not to notice Luka yet and waved back at Marinette, then spotted Luka and glared at him.

I told him to almost walk away because I knew Marinette would yell after him to not even think about it. And she did just that.

Through his earpiece I could hear everything that was being said. "Friends, you guys need to be friends again." Marinette said.

She lifted up their hands and put them together. "Shake it out and be friends again," Marinette told them. "F-friends a-again?" Luka stuttered. "Say you can be friends again," I told Felix. "Yeah, we can be friends again." He said.

So far so good, but Marinette is smart. She might figure it out. Luka rubbed his arm before he spoke. "And Adrien?" Luka's going to apologize. "I'm sorry for calling you an idiot," I blushed. "I'm sorry for calling you an idiot too," What?! No!

"Dumbass! I called him a dumbass! Not an idiot! Get out of there now!" He smiled and left. I facepalmed. Now for sure Marinette will figure it out, and Luka will too.

They're going to get the wrong idea. I have to resolve this.

*_*-~

I figured Marinette would come looking for me at the park.

Felix was waiting for her, we both were, and soon, here she was. "Adrien!" I didn't need no earpiece to hear her say that. I was a lot closer. So I took it out of my ear and just listened from my close range. "Hey Marinette," Felix said. "What did you call Adrien this morning?" She asked.

"Don't you know? You were there when I called him a dumbass..." I noticed her just as Luka and I were really getting into the argument. She was with Chloe and Juleka.

"Where is he?" Marinette suddenly demanded. "Where's who?" He's playing dumb. What is he doing? "Where's Adrien?" Marinette repeated her demand.

"What do you mean? I'm right here." She's making him nervous. I covered my face with my hands. And when I removed them, I saw my ring.

Oh no. Knowing Marinette, she's going to check his finger to see if he's wearing a ring. I should have made a fake for him... "No you're not, where is he, Felix?" She demanded once more.