Chapter 62 - Symphony (Marinette/Ladybug)

Adrien's birthday party went really well. All our friends had a great time, Alix and Kim had a dance competition, and Adrien resolved his relationship with Luka's Mom. He told us what she said to him.

And that she was glad he was still Luka's friend. All of us were glad too. It was easy to think everything was normal.

But no one other than us knew about what was happening. Juleka explained that when Hawk Moth didn't Akumatize someone, she suspected he was up to something.

She's already told Luka. Adrien was the most pissed off one out of all of us. Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth, and he's Adrien's Father. So of course he'd be pissed off.

I don't blame him, I would be too if I was in his situation. Even though I'm not, I can see his anger and frustration. He shows it pretty well.

I'm worried he might... But would Hawk Moth really do it again after what happened last time? Adrien's been Akumatized twice. The first time he was Chat Noir, and the second time he saved Luka from getting Akumatized by letting himself get Akumatized.

I was pretty pissed off myself when he did that. He promised he wouldn't sacrifice himself anymore. But to be honest... I probably would have done the same thing.

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order to save the world.

*_*-~

Mason asked me out on a date. I said yes, because I really like him and I hope he asked me because he likes me too.

If he asked me just for kicks, then both Luka and Adrien would kick his ass. And like all my friends would too. I would too, because he lead me on. But I don't think he's like that.

I think he genuinely likes me. At least, I hope he does.

I ran into Maddison-his twin sister-on my way to class. "Hey Marinette!" She greeted me. I smiled. "Have you seen Mason?" She asked me.

Should I tell her he asked me out? Yeah, she's his sister and she should know. "Yeah, I just talked to him. He asked me ou-" She cut me off when her hands flew to my arms and began to shake me.

"Really?! He did! That's amazing! Ever since we met you he's been complaining about not having the courage to ask you out. Girl, he's had a crush on you for as long as we've known eachother." I blinked at her.

As long as we've known eachother? It's been over a couple months since we met. "Really?" I asked. She nodded. "Yep. Do you like him back?" I blushed. "Uhm... Uh-huh..." I answered shyly.

She squealed. "Yay! For once my brother is going to date someone nice! And she's a girl!" My mouth dropped open. "He's dated before?" And if it wasn't a girl... Did he date a guy?

Maddie went pale. "Oh... Uh... I wasn't supposed to say that... He never wanted to talk about it ever again.." She was about to walk away when I grabbed her wrist.

"Come with me, there's someone you need to meet. Tell Mason to meet us at the back of the School when it's over." I told her and she nodded.

I pulled out my phone. I opened Chloe's contact, if I'm right about this...

To: Chloe
From: Me
'Meet me at the back when School's over. Bring Miles.'

*_*-~

I arrived with Mason and Maddie. Chloe and Miles were waiting for us. She looked worried. "What's going on Mari?" She asked. I sighed. I looked at Mason.

"It's okay, you can say it." He doesn't like talking about his Ex-boyfriend. I had Maddie explain everything, with his permission of course.

I looked at Miles. His eyes widened. "Y-you have an Ex-boyfriend too?" Mason walked closer to him. "Did he go to Wherlington Academy?" Miles nodded slowly.