Chapter 18 - Finally Together (Nino/Carapace)

You know, being blind wasn't all that bad. I now know how they feel. Not being able to see anything. I had a whole new view when I could see again. It really opened my eyes.

So I guess I am thankful to Hawk Moth for making a Supervillain that made me blind so I can reopen my eyes. Enough of that for now, I'm changing the subject to the good thing that happened.

After our date was ruined, I talked to Alya. I asked her the question I've been dying to ask her for so long. I did it. And she said yes. Alya is... She's my girlfriend. And I've never been so happy.

She is my first girlfriend so that makes sense. Not going to be hard to get used to calling Alya my girlfriend. It's what I've wanted to be able to call her that for a long time.

I had just dropped Chris off at his School when I headed to mine. Luka and Adrien were waiting for me. I haven't told them yet. I would've texted them but I wanted to do it in person.

Alya might be doing the same thing with Marinette and Chloe. It's better to tell your friends important news like this in person.

They waved at me. I walked up to them. "Hey guys." I said. I noticed Luka's hair, it was like it usually is, he must have remembered to dye it this morning.

I kept noticing Adrien sneaking glances at him. I decided to ignore it, I'll ask him later. "I have an announcement!" Their eyes went to me. "I asked Alya to be my girlfriend."

Adrien's mouth dropped open and Luka blinked repeatedly. I stared at them. "What did she say?" Took him long enough to ask. "She said yes." I answered.

"Lucky.." I heard him mumble. Luka snapped out of his "trance" and smiled. "Congrats man!" He patted my back.

Adrien smiled and gave me a hug. "You two were made for eachother, just took you long enough to finally become official." He told me.

"What about you?" I whispered. He pulled away. "What are you talking about?" I whispered back. "Luka?" One word. "No way. He's not over Chat Noir yet and I don't want to force myself into his life. His heart is still healing..." Luka had already gone in the School.

I sighed. "It's been a month. How do you know he's not over him? He never talks about it." He looked at me. "Would you want to talk about the worst break up you've ever had?" I rolled my eyes.

"No, also I don't have one. But hopefully that doesn't happen to me and Alya. Plus, if he doesn't talk about, he probably doesn't think about it either, so he might as well be over it. I mean, it was his first ever relationship and break up at the same time."

He leaned up against the wall and slid down it. "I need to tell you something." He glanced at me. I walked to him and sat down beside him.

"There was this thing that happened..." Don't worry Adrien, I already know. Because I was there. He's definitely talking about that "incident" like a few days ago with the whole getting caught.

He was with Viperion. We caught them in the act. "Nino? Were you even listening to me?" I looked back at him. Didn't need to listen, I already knew all the details.

"What? About that nice hickey on your neck that Viperion gave you? Loud and clear dude." He covered his face. "It's still noticeable?" It was muffled but I heard him.

"Yeah. They don't go away for a while." The look of shock appeared on his face. "How do you know that?" I shrugged. "The proof is sitting right next to me. Because unless it's been refreshed recently, it lasts for a few days." He glared at me.

"It was not refreshed! I saw him last night but all I did was give him a goodnight kiss... But I also saw him the night before. I found him at a Bar... Drunk. Nothing happened, he took me home and that was it. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because he snuck in at like one in the morning. Sober at least. And that's the last time I saw him." I nodded.