Chapter 66 - Burn (Chloe/Queen Bee)

I can't believe I let myself get Akumatized.... Again. I put my friends in danger. I let Hawk Moth get to me. I will never let that happen again. My friends' safety is my number one priority.

My phone buzzed. I took it out. A message from Marinette.

From: Mari
To: Me
'Hey! Can you believe you'll be sixteen is less than seven days?! It's going to be awesome! See you at lunch!'

I smiled at the message, my birthday is getting closer. I'll be sixteen. I'm really excited. I'll be able to drive. And that just seems really scary. I don't really need a car when I can just do fast travel as Queen Bee.

*_*-~

"What do you want for your birthday?" Marinette asked. "I don't know. There's never really been anything that I really want. But... The thing I i want so bad is impossible." I said. "I want my Mom to love me. I want her to be my Mom." Miles took my hands in his.

"Maybe it's not impossible. If you talked to her and tell her how you feel, she might just become your Mom again." I smiled at him.

"I wish." I mumbled. "But I'll try." He smiled at me. "That's my girl." I started to laugh. I glanced over at Adrien. He's been acting odd. More than usual.

Maybe because he's not used to getting the 'I love you' card. Even though he and Luka said it to eachother all the time, it doesn't really make sense.

Is it because they actually mean it now? Luka said it, and he truly meant it. But he was Viperion when he did. And then Adrien said it back as Chat Noir.

Also Luka is kind of weird that Luka went to see Adrien when he's dating Chat Noir. Even though he is Chat Noir. But he doesn't know that.

The Bell rang signaling Lunch was over. "See you guys soon."

*_*-~

Nino, Alya and I headed to Mrs. Lopez's class. She clapped her hands together. "In honor of my daughters and son, today I would like you to call me Professor Lopez." She said cheerfully.

I smiled, I don't mind doing that. "Well, we are going to start a band today." She said. "The play the Drama class is doing needs music." She explained. "But some of you that are in my class are also in Mrs. Tucker's Drama class and you can't do both at the same time. So you can pick. Band, or play. How many of you are in her class?" Nino, Alya and I raised our hands, and a couple of other students did too.

"Okay, who wants to be in the band?" The two students raised their hands. "The rest of you are in the play then?" Alya, Nino and I nodded our heads. "Right. It's settled then." She smiled.

Even though we were not going to be part of the band, to pass this course we still needed to play an instrument. I know I sang, but I need an actual instrument. I looked around and spotted the violins.

It was like they spoke to me. I was about to pick one when Mrs. Lopez came over and stopped me. "Come with me," I followed her to a small storage closet at the back of the room.

She dusted off what looked like a violin case. "This was mine when I was a little younger than you.. It belonged to my Mother, and before it belonged to her Mother. I stopped playing after my accident, my fingers are not what they used to be. I would like for you to learn how to play it." She held it out to me.

"Wow... I don't know what to say... Thank you." I took it from her. She smiled at me. She reminded me of someone. My.. Dad... She reminds me so much of my Dad. His kindness, his gentleness...

"You look like her." She suddenly spoke. "Who?" I asked. "My Mother.... And your Father's Mother." My eyes widened. "So you are my Dad's sister." She nodded. "I'm his only full sibling. The rest are our half-siblings." I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. "He doesn't know I'm here." She said suddenly. "What? Why?" I asked, she looked away, like she didn't want to tell me. She shook her head and changed the subject.