Chapter 57 - Timber (Nino/Carapace)

How do I describe this? There was definitely something wrong with Luka, I mean, he got slashed by a sword... Adrien dragged him away somewhere, Marinette got damn handcuffs as her Lucky Charm.

I feel like it's going to be like the situation when Adrien was a Vampire for a little bit. We managed to hide away and find Adrien and Luka. And when we saw his leg, it wasn't good. "Y-you guys n-need to tie me u-up or something..." Viperion only managed to say that.

It was poison. At least that's what we think. Adrien told us that it was a different kind of poison. One that might make him attack us. We had to use the handcuffs on Viperion...

I knew Adrien didn't want to have him handcuffed to anything. I don't blame him, neither would I.

And I bet it was just as bad for Juleka, who had to handcuff her own brother. We didn't even have a place to put him.

Alya and Marinette's job was to distract the Supervillain while the rest of us find a place to keep Viperion. Chloe kept Adrien calm as we did it.

Juleka and I carried Viperion, who was passed out at the moment, we didn't have much time before he woke up and most likely will try and attack us.

We barely made it when we found two poles side by side. Ladybug got two pairs of handcuffs. One for his hands and the other pair for his feet.

It was just in time too. He woke up. And was not happy about being handcuffed. His mouth was foamy, his teeth were sharp, his eyes were red, and he was growling.

Chat Noir wiped the tears from his eyes. I went over to him. Adrien needed me right now. I hugged him. "You know we're going to save him right?" I felt him nod.

"It's the only way to keep him and ourselves safe. None of us like doing this, but it's we don't have a choice. The only choice we have is kicking his ass." I pulled away from him and looked him straight in the eyes when I told him that.

Rena came over to me, "You two keep an eye on him. The girls and I've got this." She told me. I nodded. "Be careful." We put our foreheads together. "I will." She promised and went to join the others. But before she was gone, she turned to me. "You be careful too." She told me. "I will." Then she was gone.

I didn't know if I could say the same. I had a bad feeling.

Chat Noir turned toward Viperion, who was struggling against the handcuffs. He didn't speak, all he did was growl and aim to bite. Like a rabid animal.

Adrien was so confident when he faced him. As Luka went to bite, Adrien took out his Baton and shoved it in his mouth. "My turn." He said. Sounding very confident, but there was definitely a hint of sadness and sorrow in his voice.

I remembered when Adrien was a Vampire, Luka did the same thing to prevent him from biting. And with his hands handcuffed he can't take it out.

His eyes glowed. He glared at us, mostly Chat Noir but he noticed me too. It was hard to ignore him when he looked like that.

"It's for your own good." Luka still tried to break free. But it was no use. I didn't know how long Adrien could keep up the tough act.

I didn't know how long I could watch him keep up the tough act, he could break any moment and I didn't want to see that.

I didn't want him to go through that. It's hard enough on him as it is.

I put my hand on Chat's shoulder. "You good?" I asked him. "Yeah.." He answered. I wasn't sure if I could believe him on that. He definitely wasn't okay.

I frowned, because I knew he wouldn't be able to last much longer. "Take a break." I ordered him. He looked at me. "Take a break." I repeated. "I told you, I'm fine." I looked him in the eyes.