Chapter 12 - Encountered (Chloe/Queen Bee)

I just wanted it to be a normal day. That's what it was, at first. I was spending the day with my Dad. We were having Father daughter bonding time when he got a call.

"Hello?" When there was a pause his face turned to shock.

"Dear..? You're coming here...?" He paused again.

"Today? Oh, and you're bringing..." He trailed off.

"Okay... I'll tell her... Bye." He set down his phone, his face was pale and we was beginning to sweat. "Dad..? Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Don't worry sweetie, just a surprising phone call is all." I didn't need to ask him who it was, there was only one person he ever called "Dear."

My Mother... And she's coming to Paris later today. I just don't know who she's bringing. I kept looking at my Dad, he looked back at me and sighed. "I guess you're going to know eventually, your Mother has someone she wants you to meet." Probably a famous friend she made in New York.

"Her name is Zoe. And she's... Your half-sister..." My what? It's her, Zoe... My half-sister. My Mom is bringing her here to meet me for the first time. I didn't even know I had a half-sister. My Mom had a daughter with someone who wasn't my Dad.

So that makes Zoe my half-sister, since we only have the same Mother. She's only about a year younger since I was about One when my Mom left. I don't know what she's going to be like, but I have a pretty good idea.

If she was raised in New York then possibilities are she's going to be like Sabrina or Lila. I would prefer another Sabrina, I don't want a big liar for a sister.

If she does end up being like Sabrina, then she'll have a new best friend to join her in being mean to me. I'll just ignore them, I still have my best friends, Mari and Alya.

And Luka, my gay best friend. Because I was the one who was able to help him discover he was gay. And I will do whatever it takes to make sure he finds someone who will make him happy.

Even though he kind of already has.. Chat Noir. The one that got turned into a rose? Yes, that's him. The one who threw me at a kid's face when I was a toy bee? Same guy.

The kid was Akumatized but still. "Sweetheart, I know it's hard to find out that you have a half-sister, I know exactly how you feel." Oh, I completely forgot I was with my Dad.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded and took hold of my hands.

"My parents got divorced when I was five. They both remarried and I ended up with two half-brothers and three half-sisters. You've never met them but you will, one day. And I'm sure Zoe will treat you just like I know how you're going to treat her, like she's your sister, because she is. And soon enough she'll not only be your sister, but one of your best friends too." I have such a tight relationship with my Dad, he's always been there for me.

I could never ask for a better Dad. "When will I meet her?" I asked. "They're coming for tonight and she's going to start at your School tomorrow." That means she's going to meet Sabrina tomorrow too.

"Okay." I said and we went back to our meals.

*_*-~

"How's Juleka? She's probably pretty shaken up after what happened. Did the Police get Lila? Kidnapping is a serious crime. But.. Since she's such a talented liar she'll probably only get a few weeks at most. Or someone will bust her out." Luka nodded. I know he also was taken by Lila, I don't need to ask how he's feeling when I already know, I don't want to remind him.

He's mentioned how much he hates Lila more then he already did, I do too. That girl kidnapped Luka's sister. It was the last straw for her.

"So, how's it going with you and... Chat Noir?" He smiled nervously. "He got Akumatized because Lila held me hostage. If I hadn't saved him he probably would have done something he would regret. Even if she does deserve it." Oh, that's the one part I didn't know.