Showmance

Kurt and Adalynn had just been dropped off at school and were on their way inside when a group of jocks – including the infamous Noah Puckerman – approached them.

"You know the drill, Hummel," said the mohawk boy.

"I know you are not about to toss him in the dumpster," said Adalynn, stepping between her big brother and the womanizer.

"Well, well, gentlemen," said Puck, with a smirk. "It looks like we have a volunteer. I hope you brought a change of clothes, cause you're about to go dumpster diving."

"Over my dead body," said Kurt, pulling his sister away from the jocks and removing his bag, tossing it aside. "One day, you all will work for me."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

The jocks picked up Kurt and tossed him into the dumpster. Adalynn frowned as they walked away laughing. She went over and extended a hand to her brother, helping him out of the smelly pool of garbage.

****

"Energy, guys," said Mr. Schue as the Glee Club worked on a new number. "It's disco. Good with the hands. John Travolta hands. We're freaking out. Let's go. And up and out, you go down and... good guys."

Rachel did a high kick, almost kicking Mercedes in the face as Bailey ducked out of the way.

"Woah, woah. Hell to the nah," said Mercedes. "First of all, you try to bust my face again, and I will cut you."

Rachel scoffed and rolled her eyes. Adalynn looked over to Bailey with a brow raised and she nodded to say that she was okay.

"And also," said Mercedes as she turned to the teacher. "This song is terrible."

"It's not the song," said Mr. Schue. "You guys just need to get into it."

"No, it's the song," said Kurt. "It's really gay."

"Extremely gay," Adalynn nodded, her face flushing when a couple people looked over to her. "You know, not that I would know o-or anything."

"We need modern music, Mr. Schue," said Artie.

"I'm sorry, guys," said the curly haired teacher. "We don't have time to discuss this. We're doing this song this Friday at the pep assembly."

"In front of the whole school?" asked Tina, exchanging a scared look with Adalynn.

"Exactly," said Mr. Schue, ignoring the concern in the goth's voice.

"They're gonna throw fruit at us," said Kurt. "And I just had a facial."

"I'll press charges if that happens," said Rachel.

"Guys," said Mr. Schue. "I can't express how important this assembly is. We need recruits. There are eight of you. We need twelve to qualify for regionals. We have no choice, or the club is over. I know you guys don't like this song, but we took nationals back in '93 with Freak Out. It's a crowd pleaser. Trust me. From the top."

"Key word: '93," Adalynn whispered to Tina, who nodded in agreement.

"I'm dead," Finn scoffed, just loud enough for his fellow Glee Clubbers to hear.

****

Adalynn kicked her legs, her screams muffled by the hand over her mouth as Puck and his football buddies carried her over to the dumpster.

"Lady Boy isn't here to help you now, is he?" Puck asked with a cruel chuckle as they approached the giant garbage bin. "Don't worry. There's much worse things we could do to you. You should consider yourself lucky."