Furt

Adalynn's arm was looped with Kurt's as the other looped with Carole's. They had no idea what was happening, but they knew it must be important if both Burt and Carole were at the school. The quartet approached Finn and Julian, who looked at them like they were insane.

"What in heterosexual hell is going on?" Julian asked.

"Hey, that's my line!" Adalynn scolded.

"Is this one of those interventions?" Finn asked.

"If it is, it's for all of us," Kurt beamed. "They bombarded me and Adalynn forced us to bring them to you."

"Come on, tell them!" Burt exclaimed.

"No, no, you tell them," said Carole.

The two went back and forth for a moment before Burt finally gave in.

"So, you know how I drive Carole to work every Tuesday?" the man began. "Well, today I drove here, and we snuck into that classroom where Kurt introduced us, very romantic of me, I might add, and I–"

"He proposed!" Carole exclaimed.

"Oh my god!" Adalynn gasped as she exchanged an excited look with Kurt. She had to admit, even though it felt like the door was closing on her mom, she was really excited that a window opened to Carole.

"Woah, congratulations," Julian smiled.

"Wow, this just happened?" Finn asked.

"We wanted you four to be the first to know," said Carole.

"Yeah, after the kids in that homeroom," Burt chuckled. "Come on, family hug."

"So... we're a family?" Finn asked, raising a brow. "All six of us?"

"Yes, dummy," Adalynn teased as she pulled him into the group hug.

"I'm so excited and nervous," said Carole.

"Don't be," said Kurt. "This is just what I needed. Adalynn and I will take care of it from here. We have a trunk full of wedding magazines hidden in the tree house. I'm thinking of a russet and cognac theme."

"Those are colors, Finn," Julian whispered to the younger boy, who still looked lost.

"Fall wedding colors," Adalynn added.

"Nothing too extravagant, okay?" Burt requested. "Gonna use whatever savings we have. We are spending it on the honeymoon. We're going to Waikiki. We're gonna go to the hotel where they put up the stars on Lost."

"Finn, you haven't said anything," said Carole.

"Uh, I guess I'm just kind of stunned," the quarterback said.

"Don't worry," said Burt. "I'm already looking for a bigger house. One where everybody's gonna get their own rooms."

"But what about the tree house?" Adalynn pouted.

"I'll build you a new one," Burt said, smiling when his daughter did too.

"Come on, honey," said Carole. "Be happy for me."

"I am, Mom," Finn said, forcing a smile.

"Alright, now listen," said Burt. "Kurt and Adalynn, as the wedding planners, I want you to take care of one thing. I don't care about the food at this party, but I want one heck of a band. I've been eating right, been exercising and I want to boogie with Carole at this wedding. And I will boogie."

Adalynn smiled, exchanging a knowing look with her brother.

"It's already taken care of," the younger girl said. "We're gonna hire the New Directions. It won't cost you a cent."