I Kissed A Girl

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you motherfucker?!" Adalynn yelled, shoving Finn as soon as they got home.

"Adalynn, language!" Carole shouted from the other room.

"Sorry, Carole!" the brunette called as she followed Finn upstairs and into his room. "We're not don't talking about this, Finn Christopher Hudson!"

"Look, calm down," Finn said, closing his bedroom door to muffle the noise of his step-sister yelling at him. "I already feel terrible."

"Well you should, idiot!"

The bedroom door opened, and Carole came in. She looked between her son and step-daughter with her arms folded across her chest.

"Okay, what's going on with you two?" Carole asked.

"Finn outed Santana, but she's the one that got in trouble for slapping him, and he's getting no punishment at all!" Adalynn yelled. "It's not right!" She turned and pointed a finger at Finn. "You had no fucking right to do that to her!"

"I said I was sorry," Finn mumbled.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it!"

"Adalynn," Carole said, placing a hand on the younger girl's shoulder. "Take a deep breath, honey. Yelling isn't going to solve anything. Now, Finn," she said, turning to her son. "Your sister has a point–"

"Step-sister," Adalynn grumbled, crossing her arms and glaring up at the older boy.

"–saying sorry isn't going to fix what you did," the older woman continued. "You need to make things right."

Finn nodded. "I think I know just how to do that."

****

The Troubletones and the New Directions sat in the choir room. Santana held Maya close to her as the baby clung to her Cheerios top. Ava was sitting in Quinn's lap, playing with Adalynn's hair beside her. The brunette shot daggers into the back of Finn's head as he wrote 'lady music week' on the white board.

"This is not what Carole meant when she said he needed to make things right," Adalynn mumbled as she took a sip from her Lima Bean cup, scrunching her nose as the flavor of pomegranate tea hit her taste buds. "I want my coffee back."

"Addie, we already talked about this," Quinn sighed, rubbing her girlfriend's back. "You have to stop drinking that all the time."

"Can someone tell us what's going on, please?" Mercedes asked, breaking the silence between the two show choirs.

"This week the Troubletones and the New Directions will both be singing music created by ladies and for ladies," Finn explained as he turned around from the board.

"This b-word," Adalynn grumbled as she took Ava's little hand. "Finn has issues, Little Ada."

"Oh hell no," Santana scoffed.

"Next week, all of us will be going to sectionals, and one of us is probably gonna win," Finn continued. "But, Santana, we're worried about you."

"Worry about yourself, fetus face," the Latina said as Maya looked up at her with her brows scrunched up. "No offense, Mays."

"Glee's about learning how to accept yourself for who you are, no matter what other people think. And that's what this music is all about."

"So wait," Santana sighed. "I don't even get a say in this? Not cool."

"Everybody in this room knows about you and Brittany, the same way everybody knew about Quinn and Adalynn last year," said Finn. "And we don't judge you for it. We celebrate it because it's who you are. Look, I know not everybody outside this room is as accepting and cool, but we're doing this assignment this week so that you know in this rotten, stinking mean world that you at least have a group of people who will support your choice to be whoever you wanna be."