Love, Love, Love

The school year seemed to be dragging on forever.

Everyday, Adalynn felt herself becoming more and more drained from being stuck in the same old routine: wake up, go to school, Glee Club, spend time with the twins, bully Julian, eat dinner, and go to bed.

It was exhausting, and, even though she was terrified, she wished graduation would hurry up and get here. She had been in contact with Kurt, and he said that he, Santana, and Rachel would love to have her stay with them in the loft if she wanted to move to New York.

As far as college went, neither Adalynn nor Bailey were planning on going.

Adalynn had thought about auditioning for NYADA, but Rachel said that if she really wanted to make it as an actress that she shouldn't bother with college as it would only hold her back.

Bailey had never loved the idea of college. Why would she want to do more school after graduation? Besides, she didn't need a college degree to break into the music business. Maybe she'd do something online to get a degree.

And so, as springtime in the longest year ever at McKinley began, the New Directions were taking on their biggest assignment yet: the Beatles.

"I don't think we've ever spent two weeks on an assignment, Mr. Schue," said Tina.

"The Beatles are so epic that we need two weeks to do them justice," the teacher began. "This week is all about the early years of the Beatles when all they had was a belief in each other and a belief that together they could do anything."

"Ugh," Adalynn groaned. "This school year already seems like it's never ending, and now we're wasting two weeks on a band from the 1940s? Why can't we spend two weeks on an artist that kids our age can relate to?"

"Seriously," Kitty scoffed. "Can anyone still relate to the Beatles?"

"Pretty much the entire world," Blaine mumbled.

"Yeah, I can still relate," said Ryder.

"Why?" Kitty asked as she turned to face the brunette boy. "Were the Beatles dyslexic and catfished by transsexuals?"

"And you wonder why everybody hates you," Tina grumbled as Adalynn bit her tongue to keep from laughing.

"Adalynn, it's not funny," Bailey frowned.

"I mean, it's a little funny," Adalynn chuckled.

"When George Harrison was a kid, he was made fun of cause his dad was a bus driver," Marley spoke up.

"John Lennon's dad wasn't even around," Jake added. "He walked out of John's life when he was five."

"His fault for being named John," Adalynn mumbled. "I hate people named John. I also hate people named Jake."

"Jake's and John's suck," Bailey nodded. "No offense, Jake," she said, sending the younger Puckerman brother an apologetic smile. "It's a Taylor thing. You wouldn't get it."

"I don't really know the Beatles," said Unique. "I'm a little more on the black side."

"Ringo Starr was a sickly little kid, which probably means he was sitting down a lot," Artie chimed in.

"And they decided to form a band, which changed the world," said Mr. Schue. "You guys are really gonna have to challenge yourselves this week. Bring your A+ games. Perform these classic songs in new and exciting ways. If we can push ourselves to a new level, like the Beatles did, we can win back-to-back national championships and form a New Directions dynasty."

****

"Mommy! Titi!" Maya jumped up and down as she waved to Bailey and Tina as they walked into the preschool. She ran up to them with a huge smile on her face and a paint covered piece of paper in hand. "Mommy, me draw!"