Family Dynamic

a/n - basically the "new new york" episode but with a title change because i can 🤷‍♀

New York was beginning to get a little too crowded, which was saying a lot considering that it was one of the most populated cities in the world.

Blaine, Sam, and Artie moved into the Kurtcheltana apartment. As expected, Santana got annoyed and moved over to the Quinndalynn and Bailina apartment with Brittany, which was already packed considering there were two almost-three-year-olds and a dog.

Naturally, there had to be some rearranging of the rooms. Brittany used her math brain to come up with a 4 corners design, where each corner of the loft would be sectioned off for someone's room.

The only problem with that idea was the placing of the kitchen and bathroom.

"Do the twins really need to have their own room?" Santana asked, raising a brow.

"I sleeps with Mommy," Maya said as she hugged Bailey's leg.

"Ava usually sleeps in our room," Adalynn said as the younger twin smiled and nodded.

"I love sleep with Ada," Ava said as she ate a cheerio.

"I love sleeping with Ada too," Quinn smirked.

"Quinn!" Bailey scolded the older blonde as she covered Maya's ears. "Not in front of the twins!"

"Please, it's not like they understand it anyway," Adalynn mumbled. "Right, Little Ada?"

"Ight."

"Okay, how about this," said Brittany. "We let the minis stay with Julian for a couple nights while we get this room situation figured out."

"I don't understand why Sam and Artie couldn't just stay with him in the first place," Santana grumbled as she sat down on the couch next to Quinn. "Him and Lucas have tons of space."

"Then why is Julian always coming over here?" Adalynn scoffed as she scratched Oreo behind the ears.

"Because I miss my favorite lesbian," Julian announced his presence as he opened the door that connected the two apartments and walked in with Lucas.

"Luke!" Maya exclaimed as she ran over to hug her dad's boyfriend.

"Hey, Maya," Lucas smiled as he picked up the toddler.

"Julian, no offense, but why are you here?" Adalynn asked. "Oh, wait, no, let me guess. You two have some sort of top-secret secret that's obviously not that secret since I'm always able to figure them out."

"No," Julian scoffed.

"What's the point in keeping secrets if she's able to figure everything out?" Lucas asked. "She's psychic."

"Actually, that's me," Santana shrugged. "My psychic Mexican third eye is never wrong."

"But seriously, what do you want?" Adalynn asked as Ava crawled into her lap. "We're busy."

"What, I can't come say hi without a reason?" Julian asked. "You guys have my kids. I'm their dad."

"Ada dada," Ava giggled as Adalynn tickled her stomach.

"If you want to take them for the night, you can," Bailey said as she picked up the toys scattered across the floor. "All you have to do is ask."

"Yeah, we're trying to get everything in order, and it's hard with these two running around," Tina added.

"No!" Ava protested. "No, Daddy, no. I stay with Ada. I want Ada."

"Why does she like you more than me?" Julian asked.