Throwdown

"Ladies' choice, heads," said Sue as she flipped a coin.

Mr. Schue caught it and flipped it over on the back of his hand, sighing and rolling his eyes. "Heads."

"Awesome," said Sue. "Alright. The following students have been selected for a special elite Glee Club called Sue's Kids."

"Hold on," Mr. Schue interrupted. "We agreed not to split up the group."

"Aw, come on, Will. Give me a chance to do things Sue Sylvester's way. Maybe with my proven leadership abilities, I can help this pathetic group of mouth breathers place at sectionals."

"We can't even compete in sectionals if we divide up the club, Sue. It's against the rules."

"Really? You need to crack open a book, William. Here." She tossed a book to Mr. Schue. "I have. Show Choir Rule Book. Page 24. Provision 14. Second addendum. 'Twelve members must perform for each team. However, not all members must perform every song.'"

"Fine. Just go ahead, take all the football players and your Cheerios," he said as he sat down.

"All right, everybody. Listen up. When you hear your name called, cross over to my side of this black, shiny thing."

"That's called a piano, Sue."

"Santana! Wheels! Gay kid! Pretty pink pony! Yes, firestarter, that's you! Come on! Move it!" Sue yelled and Santana, Artie, Kurt, and Julian crossed over to her side of the piano. "Asian! Other Asian. Aretha. And Shaft."

Tina, Mike, Mercedes, and Matt stood up and went over to Sue's side of the room. Adalynn pouted, hating that she and her brother were going to be separated.

"See, Will," said Sue, turning back to Mr. Schue. "I don't want to participate in a group that ignores the needs of minority students."

"You have got to be kidding me," said the curly haired man, standing up.

"I wouldn't kid about this, Will. And maybe that's your problem. Bigotry is no laughing matter."

"And that's how Sue, sees it," Santana smiled, making a C with her hand.

Sue turned and smiled at her. "Outstanding."

****

Adalynn was at her locker when she noticed Rachel down the hall arguing with Jacob Ben Israel. She pursed her lips, wondering what it was the older brunette seemed to be worked up about. She closed her locker and headed over, moving out of the Jewish boy's way as he jogged down the hall.

"What was that all about?" asked Adalynn.

"Jacob's gonna leak Quinn's pregnancy," Rachel whispered.

"What?!" Adalynn shouted, face flushing as students looked in her direction. "I mean, he can't do that," the younger girl said, lowering her voice. "How could he be so cruel?"

"It's JBI, Adalynn," Rachel sighed, shaking her head. "This is what he does. He ruins people's lives. A little piece of advice... don't give him any reason to ruin yours."

Rachel forced a small smile before walking away.

****

Everyone met in the choir room to have a jam session behind Sue's back. Adalynn found herself forgetting about all the drama as she danced with Tina and Bailey, laughing as they made up ridiculous dance moves.