The Power Of Madonna

Adalynn sat next to Bailey on the bleachers in the gym as they watched the Cheerios practice their latest routine. The younger Hummel admired the hard work and dedication the Cheerios put into all their routines, and she wasn't gonna lie, it did look like fun. But she could never see herself on that squad in one of those uniforms, plus she's already busy enough.

But still, it would give her extra dance training, and every little bit of experience helps. However, the Cheerios have to wear their uniforms all the time, and Adalynn likes being able to express herself with the clothes she wears. Plus, those skirts are shorter than what she feels comfortable in.

"I think I might be pansexual," Bailey suddenly said, pulling Adalynn out of her thoughts.

"Really?" the brunette asked, turning to look at the blonde beside her. "How did you know?"

"Well, I've always found girls attractive, especially Santana. And then I met Tina and we bonded over our love of performing. But boys are also attractive and they're sweet when they want to be. Especially Julian."

"Julian?" Adalynn snorted. "He's not sweet. He thinks he's a bad boy because he started a fire in the cafeteria and started a protest to ban homework, which resulted in the cops showing up. Trust me, he's not relationship material."

"I never said he was," Bailey chuckled. "But he is sweet when he's not being a jerk."

"I guess. Thanks for telling me, B. Can I tell you a secret?"

"Always."

"I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian. Or at least bi. I haven't come out yet, but Tina, Quinn, and Kurt know. I think Julian does too." Adalynn paused and took a breath. "I want to tell my dad, but it's a lot harder than I thought. I honestly don't know how Kurt did it."

"I know what you mean. Britt makes it look so easy," said Bailey. "How about this? On a day when we're both feeling more confident, we'll tell our parents then. Together."

"You mean, like, have your parents and my dad in the same room?"

"No, silly," the blonde chuckled. "I mean I'll tell my parents and text you after to let you know how it went, and then you tell your dad. No matter what happens, we're gonna be here for each other and get through it together. Deal?"

"Deal," Adalynn smiled, accepting the hug Bailey was offering her.

"Sloppy freak show babies!" Sue yelled into her megaphone. "Somewhere in the English countryside in a stately manor home, Madonna is weeping! Hit the showers!"

Adalynn and Bailey exchanged a look and laughed at how funny the cheer coach can be without even trying.

"Little B!" Santana called from the bottom of the bleachers, getting the attention of both freshmen. "Britt and I are gonna go get frozen yogurt. Do you and Adalynn want to come with us?"

"Do you want to?" Bailey asked, turning to Adalynn.

"Let me check with Kurt... yeah I'll come," the brunette said. "He doesn't need to know anything."

"He knows you're safe with us," Bailey shrugged with a smile, getting a laugh from her friend. She stood up and held out a hand, which Adalynn took. They headed down the steps of the bleachers and left the gym with the sophomores, a weight being lifted off both their chests knowing they each had one less person to hide their secret from.

****

"What comes to mind when you see that name?" Mr. Schue asked, underlining 'Madonna,' which he had just written on the board.