Sectionals

a/n - start song when it says

"I bet we get stuck with Mr. Sinacori as our sectionals adviser," Artie said as he, Tina, Kurt, Mercedes, Julian, Bailey, and Adalynn stood around the piano.

"The creepy math teacher?" Tina and Bailey asked at the same time.

"He's even creeper than Mr. SpongeHair McSquareChin," Adalynn muttered.

"He's always singing when he walks down the halls," Kurt mumbled.

"And off-key," Julian added. "If you're not gonna sing the notes right, don't even bother."

"Hey guys," Rachel said as she came into the room and looked around at the group of friends to make sure the people her gossip was about were in fact not there. "Did any of you think it was weird the way that Puck rushed to Quinn's aid during rehearsal yesterday?"

Adalynn and Bailey exchanged a look. Everyone in the club knew, except for Rachel. And they didn't tell her for a reason.

"No," said Mercedes.

"I mean, he likes her-"

"They're friends," Bailey said, cutting off Artie. "We all know that."

"Yeah, but it seemed like more than that," Rachel insisted. "I've never told you guys this before, but I'm a little psychic. I can't read minds or anything yet, but I do have a sixth sense. Something is definitely going on there."

"Uh, we gotta go," Adalynn said as she exchanged a look with Kurt.

"We have to practice."

"Oh, and we will," Kurt said as he slipped his bag over his shoulder. "As soon as Mr. Schuester names a faculty adviser to replace him. Let's go, Adalynn."

"It's nothing to be scared of. It's not like Carrie or anything!" Rachel called after them, but they were already gone.

Adalynn and Kurt pulled out their phones and joined a call with Tina, Mercedes, and Artie.

"I say we lock Rachel up until after sectionals," the younger Hummel said.

"I volunteer my basement," Kurt added.

"We can't," said Mercedes. "We need her to sing."

"Damn her talent," the older Hummel cursed.

"We just heard from Bailey," Santana said as her and the Pierce sisters joined the call. "Who told?"

"We assumed it was you," said Artie.

"Why would I do that?" the Latina scoffed.

"To get back at Puck," said Kurt. "Aren't you guys dating."

"Sex is not dating."

"If it were, Santana and I would be dating," said Brittany.

Everyone froze in their steps, exchanging looks with one another. Adalynn raised a brow and cocked her head to the side, a small smile forming on her lips. She had to admit, they would make a pretty cute couple.

"Look, I don't want to rock the boat," Santana said, breaking the silence of that awkward moment. "Since Quinn got pregnant, I'm top dog around here."

"Hold up, Rachel's walking by," said Mercedes. "Hey hot mama!... She's gone."

"Look, I know I messed up telling Mercedes about Quinn and Puck," said Bailey. "And I feel really bad about it. Quinn's gonna kill me if she finds out I told someone."

"Bailey, girl, I'm the one who's gonna get killed," said Mercedes. "I'm the one who told everyone else. But we cannot let Rachel figure this out. If she tells Finn, he's going to flip."