Prom Queen

"Are you kidding me?" Adalynn scoffed, closing her locker.

"Addie, it's just for one night," Quinn sighed. "We've been over this."

"But you're going with him," the younger girl said, glaring up at the blonde. "What am I supposed to do all night? Hm? Sit and watch you hang all over my step brother just so you can win a stupid crown that isn't going to matter after you graduate?"

"Adalynn, I promise as soon as prom is over–"

"You've been saying the same thing for months," Adalynn spat. "And I have kept my mouth shut and given you time to think things over. I'm sick of feeling like nothing more than your little side-chick while you pretend like you're in love with Finn."

"Finn and I aren't even–"

"Just save it. I'm tired of hearing your excuses."

Adalynn turned on her heel and walked away, ignoring the words Quinn was saying as she turned a corner and headed to her next class.

****

Bailey sat down in the back row next to a very glum looking Adalynn. She reached into her bag and handed her a Hershey's Kiss.

"Here, chocolate makes everything better," the blonde said.

"Thanks, Bails," Adalynn mumbled as she took the chocolate from her friend.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bailey asked.

"There's nothing to talk about."

"I've been to Ann Taylor Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21's and I can not find a dress that fits," Lauren said as she came into the choir room with Santana and Brittany. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't, you'll seem poor," Brittany said as she sat down next to Adalynn and accepted a Hershey's Kiss from her sister.

"You're up for queen, you can't make your own prom dress," said Santana. "Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives."

"What about getting married?" Lauren asked.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want," said Quinn. "You only have one shot at your junior prom."

"What are you guys talking about?" Mercedes asked as she entered the room.

"Prom dresses," said Lauren.

"Thank god I don't have to worry about that," said Mercedes. "I'm not going."

"Me either," Adalynn said, crossing her arms and leaning her head onto Brittany's shoulder in an attempt to make Quinn jealous.

"Why not?" Kurt asked.

"Cause nobody's asked me," said Mercedes.

"I'm just a sophomore," Adalynn mumbled.

"You're going with us, Adalynn," said Julian. "No excuses."

"Alright, guys," Mr. Schue said, starting the lesson. "Prom."

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom," Sam groaned.

"Nope. We are the prom. Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do Run Joey Run," Rachel eagerly said.

"Let's not," Julian mumbled. "That was a disaster."

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice," Mr. Schue continued. "And, we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance, too. So we're gonna stagger at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."