Homecoming

It's crazy how much can change in a year.

Due to the success of Dynasty, Adalynn Hummel became a household name within a matter of days, and she had to make her Instagram public so that she could better connect with the fans. Everytime she left her apartment, it felt like ten Jacob Ben Israels were snapping her picture and asking her questions for their blogs – questions she wasn't quite comfortable answering.

"How'd you get those scars?"

"Why are there so many?"

"I heard somewhere you survived a suicide attempt. Care to comment?"

But other times, the questions were less personal, depending on who the Paparazzi was.

"How's your dog?"

"Is it true that you're close friends with the famous singer, Bailey Pierce?"

"When are you and Quinn Fabray tying the knot?"

It was overwhelming, and sometimes she missed the peace that came with being a nobody from Lima, Ohio. But at the end of the day when she'd sit down with Oreo and read through the sweet DM's her fans sent in, she knew she wouldn't trade it for anything. She wasn't quite ready to go public with her story yet, and she planned on keeping her personal life as private as possible.

When she had gotten a call from Rachel Berry asking her and Quinn to come home, she couldn't have been more happy, and she was counting down the minutes until the plane landed and she was back in her hometown for this very special homecoming.

Rachel and Finn were starting the Glee Club again, and they needed help.

****

"It's so weird being back here," Bailey said as she walked hand-in-hand with Tina down the hallway of William McKinley High School.

"I thought for sure they would've laid out a red carpet or something," Julian shrugged. "I mean, how many of these other alums are famous singers?"

"I'm so excited to see everyone," Tina grinned. "God, it's been too long."

"I miss Britt and Tana," Maya frowned.

"I miss my Ada," Ava pouted. "I want Ada."

"You saw Ada on TV last night when they aired her interview on Jimmy Fallon," said Julian.

"She talk about me," the younger twin sniffled as she stopped walking. "She said she miss me, an' that she didn't know when she see me again."

"You two will be together soon, okay?" Bailey said as she knelt down in front of her daughter and gently wiped a tear off her cheek. "Her plane landed about an hour ago. She said she and Quinn were gonna get lunch with her dad and Carole and then they'd meet us here."

"But I wan' Ada now!" Ava whined.

"Don't be sad, Ava," Maya cooed as she hugged her twin. "It's gonna be okay. We will see her soon."

"Do you wanna go hang out with Sue and Robin until the others get here?" Bailey asked as she rubbed her youngest daughter's arm.

"Robin?" Ava furrowed her brows confusedly.

"Yeah, Sue's daughter. Do you remember her?"

"Not really," Maya shook her head.

"Well, we still have a couple hours until the end of the school day for you guys to get acquainted," Tina said as she took Maya's hand.

"And remember to be nice," said Bailey.

"I nice," Ava smiled innocently. "I be nice for Ada cause she want me to be nice."