Choke

From her spot in the cafeteria, Marjorie watched as Adalynn kept stealing french fries from Quinn's lunch tray, the younger girl sending the blonde a teasing smile every time she managed to take one without her hand being slapped away.

"What's up, Jori?" Artie asked as he wheeled up to their lunch table with Mercedes. He looked between the brunette and Adalynn and frowned. "Um, no. Don't even think about it."

"Don't even think about what?" Jori asked, looking away from Adalynn and taking a bite of her salad.

"Quinn is very... possessive over Adalynn," Mercedes said as she ate a tater tot. "The last thing you want is to get between them. You won't believe the things she's threatened to do to Santana."

"I'm not afraid of blondie," the brunette said, rolling her eyes.

"You should be," said Artie. "She's very protective of Adalynn, so you better stay away, especially if she knows anything about your past with her."

"I don't have a past with her. We went to middle school together, and that's it."

"Tina said you watched as your best friends bullied her," the brunette boy said, looking suspiciously at Jori. "You're lucky Quinn has no idea who you are, or else she'd have your head. You're lucky Kurt has no idea you're even here. He's extremely protective of her as well, and she's already been through so much."

"Mistakes were made," Jori nodded. "I should have done more, and I didn't. But I have a chance to make things right. Besides, it's not like I was the one bullying her."

"You better be careful, girl," said Mercedes. "We're telling you, stay away from Adalynn. It's for the better if you have nothing to do with her."

On the other side of the cafeteria, Adalynn squealed as Quinn took one of her french braids and playfully hit her with it.

"Quinnie, stop it!" Adalynn laughed, trying to pull her hair out of her girlfriend's hand.

"Only if you stop stealing from a cripple," Quinn said, using the younger girl's braid to tap her nose.

"Never," Adalynn said, stealing another french fry from the blonde's lunch tray.

"You guys," Brittany said as she approached the lunch table. "I just went to my first student council meeting, and I found out that we have another prom this year. So, as president, I need to come up with a theme, and I'm thinking if we do alien abductions, we could set up cornfields and probing booths."

"Oh, hell," Santana said as Coach Beiste passed their lunch table. "Looks like Mr. Beiste went all Chris Brown on Mrs. Beiste. What happened, Coach? Cooter put the smack down on you cause you wouldn't let him be on top?"

The group of girls laughed, unaware of the teacher that overheard them standing a few feet back.

"What did you just say?"

"Nothing, it was a joke," Santana said, rolling her eyes as Roz Washington approached their lunch table.

"So men hitting women is funny to you?" Roz asked.

"Oh, please," Adalynn scoffed. "We obviously don't think Coach Beiste was hit by anybody."

"I mean, look at her," Santana said, motioning to the other side of the cafeteria where the football coach was standing. "She's like a wall."

"Let me tell you something," the swim coach said. "I'm Coach Roz Washington. I'm an Olympic champion, and I do not suffer fools, especially fools who think domestic violence is funny. I want your names. Shannon!"

Coach Beiste turned from where she was talking to one of her football players and walked over to the table where Santana, Brittany, Quinn, Sugar, Tina, Adalynn, and Bailey were sitting.