Rumors

Adalynn sat next to Brittany in a classroom with Sue and a few other students. The blonde had convinced the younger girl to join the school newspaper to take her mind off of certain things for a while.

"The newspaper is making a comeback at this school," said Sue. "And like print newspapers everywhere, we're leaner and meaner. No longer concerned with facts, fact checking, integrity, or facts. The Muckraker motto? 'If I heard it, it's probably true or something.'"

Adalynn furrowed her brows in confusion, but wrote down the motto as well as 'no facts.'

"Adalynn, Brittany," Sue said as she came up to the pair and handed them a note card. "These are questions I want you to ask one Will Schuester. There are some rumors floating around the school, and I want you two to get him to confess. Now get the hell out of my classroom."

Brittany and Adalynn gathered their things. The older girl took the list of questions from Sue, and they left the classroom.

"These questions don't seem very appropriate," Adalynn mumbled as she looked at the note card.

"They're rumors, Lynn," Brittany shrugged. "Some of these are actually pretty interesting."

"That's one word for it," the younger girl muttered as they went their separate ways down the main hallway.

****

Bailey was sitting cross legged on her bed with Lord Tubbington curled up next to her as she worked on a new song. She's found more inspiration lately due to everything that's happened this school year, and there are a few songs that she's really proud of.

There was a soft knock on her door, and Julian came in. Bailey looked up and smiled as he handed her a McDonald's bag.

"Thanks, Juli," the younger girl said as she took a fry out.

"No need to thank me," Julian shrugged. "How are you feeling?"

"A little nervous," Bailey admitted as she took the box of nuggets out and handed one to Julian. "I've read stories and seen shows about teen moms, and they seem so stressed. I really want to be a good mom to the twins, but I also have all these dreams, you know? I can't have it all, and at the end of the day my kids are gonna come first. But more importantly, how do you feel? I feel like all we ever do is talk about me. This affects you too."

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about," said Julian. "As you know, I'm graduating at the end of the year. I already talked to my uncle, and he said he's fine with letting me continue to stay with him as long as I get a job to help pay the bills. I've been looking at some classes online for me to take so I can get some sort of degree. I definitely wasn't planning on this to happen, but it is happening, and I know the best thing for me to do would be to stay in Lima so that I can be here for you. I want to be here for you."

"I feel bad that you're sacrificing so much to do that," the younger girl said as she dipped a nugget into some barbeque sauce and took a bite. "I don't want you to feel like you're trapped in Lima because of me."

"I promise I don't feel like that, Bay," the older boy reassured.

"Are you sure? Cause I don't want to burden you with this–"

"Bailey Reese Pierce, you're talking a whole bunch of cray cray," Julian said in a stupid voice, getting a laugh out of the blonde. "You're anything but a burden," he said, now back in his normal voice. "The best thing that's come out of all of this is getting closer with you. I want to be close to you. I want to be close to the twins. And I promise, it's not a burden. If it was, I would've left already. But I didn't. Mostly because Santana and Adalynn would beat the crap out of me, but also because I care about you and it's the right thing to do."