The New Rachel

Adalynn Hummel walked into William McKinley High School on the first day of senior year feeling like she was on top of the world. She wasn't going to lie, the first few weeks of summer break were hard with Quinn moving and Finn joining the army a month later, but life couldn't be any better.

The New Directions had one nationals, skyrocketing their popularity. Adalynn's mental health had improved after spending the summer in and out of therapy sessions - and she was a little embarrassed to admit she was actually going to miss them.

"Miss Hummel!"

"Go away, Jacob," Adalynn bit, sending the gossip blogger a glare over her shoulder as she approached her locker.

"I have a few questions," Jacob said, holding the microphone out to her.

"Make it quick," the brunette said as she put her belongings away.

"Is it true that a week after Quinn left you behind to go to New Haven, a certain brunette slid into your Insta DMs and asked you if you wanted to... 'hang.'"

Adalynn clenched her jaw and slammed her locker shut before turning to stare at Jacob, shooting daggers into his skull.

"A little birdie told me that Marjorie is just like the saying, 'Sweet on the streets, sexy in the sheets,'" Jacob smirked.

"I'm not cheating on my girlfriend with that thing," Adalynn snapped before turning on her heal and storming down the hall.

As Jacob made a move to follow her, he spotted Tina Cohen-Chang and decided to bother her instead.

"Miss Cohen-Chang, what are you thinking at this very moment?" the Jewish boy asked as he shoved a microphone in the brunette's face.

"I never thought I'd have a freshman for a personal assistant," Tina grumbled as she turned to Dottie. "This isn't organic," she scoffed, throwing the banana she handed her down to the ground.

"Um... okay, uh, is it true that you broke up with Mike Chang a week after tattooing 'Mike Chang 4ever' on your hip because the long distance thing was too hard?" Jacob asked as he followed Tina down the hall.

"Um, yeah," Tina sighed, turning to face Jacob. "I still love him, and we're still friends, and I changed the tattoo to 'Make Change 4ever.' Change is good."

Tina walked away from Jacob and headed to the choir room. As soon as she walked in, Adalynn and Bailey jumped up from where they were sitting on the floor with the twins and went to hug her.

"Titi!" Maya exclaimed as she stood up and ran over to her.

"Hi, sweetie!" Tina smiled, bending down to pick the older twin up after sharing a quick hug with her best friends. "Did you have a good summer?"

"Yeah."

"Titi, look," Ava said, pointing to where Julian was sitting at the piano. "Daddy here."

"What's Julian doing here?" Tina asked.

"Apparently he's interning for Mr. Pedo or something," Adalynn shrugged as she picked up Ava. "We don't like him, do we, Little Ada?"

"No Shoe," Ava whined, hiding her face in Adalynn's chest. "Me no like Shoe."

"Yeah, I don't like him either," Adalynn chuckled, placing a kiss to the younger twin's cheek.

"Face it," Jacob said as he came into the choir room and approached the group of teens. "Rachel Berry was the group's undisputed star, so, really, the only question is, which one of you is the new Rachel?"

Adalynn smiled and tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"I am," she beamed, frowning when Blaine and Brittany said it at the same time as her.