Welcome To New York

"Julian! Quit hogging the bathroom!" Adalynn yelled as she pounded on the bathroom door. "I have an audition in two hours!"

"Go cry about it!" Julian shouted from the other side of the door. "I'm exfoliating!"

"You're the worst!"

"No, you are!"

Adalynn groaned in frustration and stomped her foot hard on the wood floor before turning and making her way to the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee.

The twins were sitting at the table eating breakfast, Bailey was stretching in the living room, and Tina was putting up the clean dishes from the dishwasher. Quinn had left early for her classes at NYU, and Julian had invited himself over to use their shower.

"You okay, Ada?" Tina asked as she put a bowl in the pantry.

"Why did we agree to get this joint apartment with Julian and Lucas?" Adalynn asked as she took a sip of coffee. "I mean, there are already so many people in here, and the last thing we need is Julian waltzing in here whenever he pleases because his boyfriend is in the bathroom taking a shi–"

Tina clapped a hand over Adalynn's mouth as the twins giggled.

"Ada say no no word," Maya said as she took a sip from her juice box.

Adalynn checked the time on the microwave, cursing under her breath when she saw how late she was running. Being late to an audition was not a good first impression to make when trying to break into the acting biz.

She rushed to the section of the loft that was curtained off for her and Quinn. She grabbed her make-up bag and her outfit for the day and ran to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Bailey asked.

"I'm gonna go use Rachel's shower," Adalynn said as she unlocked the door. "Tell Julian he can pay our water bill if he's gonna use ours."

With that, she threw open the door and speed-walked 10 feet over to the Kurtcheltana apartment. She didn't even bother to knock. She didn't need to. She walked in, said a quick hello to her brother and a 'fuck you' to Santana when she made a joke about joining her in the shower.

"I mean it, Adalynn!" Santana called after the younger girl as she made her way to the bathroom. "If you and Quinn are ever down for a fourth, Britt and I will gladly join you!"

"Quit trying to bang my baby sister," Kurt said as he sent the Latina a stern look.

"It wouldn't be the first time," Santana mumbled under her breath.

Adalynn shook her head as she stepped into the shower, the warm water helping to relax her anxiety a little.

It had been two months since graduation, and life in New York couldn't be more amazing. She got to live with her two best friends, favorite twins, and the best girlfriend in the world. She loved that she was never more than a few feet away from her brother and cousin, even if that fucking idiot drove her crazy sometimes.

Sure, she would get homesick. She missed her dad a lot, but she always called him and Carole at least once or twice a week to keep them updated on her new life. She loved the freedom that came with living away from her parents, especially since it meant she could do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. She didn't have to worry about being home in time for curfew or getting in trouble for doing a stupid teenage thing.

But Quinn was always there to stop her whenever she was gonna do something a little too stupid.

Adalynn had been worried about how the stress of auditions and being away from home would affect her mental health, but after the first week, she realized she had nothing to worry about. Yes, she had bad days where she wanted to use something – anything – to make her thoughts shut up, but her friends were always there to keep her distracted until those thoughts went away.