Prom-asaurus

a/n - whoo double update because it's christmas break and i have too much free time

Prom was coming up, which meant that the twins' first birthday was fast approaching.

On top of the preparations with prom, Adalynn and Kurt were busy working out the arrangements for the surprise birthday party they would be throwing for Maya and Ava. For a couple weeks now, the Hummel siblings had been meeting secretly with their close friends to make sure that the twins' first birthday was one that would be remembered for years to come.

Keeping it a secret from Bailey and Julian wasn't as easy as it sounded, and the older Hummel cousin was definitely suspicious of all the sneaking around his family was doing.

Bailey, on the other hand, was distracted with Finn as they cheered the twins on as they took their very first steps.

"Go, babies, go!" the quarterback clapped.

"Julian's spying on Adalynn, and he's missing it," Bailey said as she recorded a video on her phone.

"Mama!" Maya smiled as her little legs carried her over to the older blonde. "Oof," she said as she fell on her knees in front of Finn. "Hi, Pin."

"Hey, Maya," Finn smiled as he picked the older twin up.

"Mama, me fly!" Ava said, waving her arms as her wobbly legs walked over to Bailey.

"Fly!" Maya cheered, bouncing in Finn's lap. "Bird fly!"

"Why are we happy?" Pierce Pierce asked as he walked into the room with a goofy grin on his lips.

"Daddy, they walked," Bailey said, tears in her eyes as she hugged Ava.

"They, what?!" Julian yelled from the other room, running down the stairs and into the living room. "Did you just say they walked?"

"Dada, look," Maya said as she crawled out of Finn's lap and took a few shaky steps in her dad's direction, the 19 year old's jaw dropping.

"Why didn't anyone come and get me?" Julian gasped as he went to pick Maya up. "Your mom never tells me anything."

"You were busy spying on Adalynn and Brittany," Bailey shrugged. "Figured you didn't want me to disrupt your little investigation."

"I'm telling you, the Glee kids are up to something," the young father said as he sat down on the couch. "Haven't you noticed they've been acting weird?"

"Like how you've been acting weird ever since you made out with that guy in your car?" Pierce asked as Julian's face flushed.

"Who told you about that?"

"No denial," Bailey chuckled as she placed a kiss to Ava's head.

Adalynn and Brittany came down the stairs talking in quiet whispers so the young parents couldn't pick up on what they were saying.

"Ada, look!" Ava called as soon as the brunette came into her line of sight. She rolled out of Bailey's lap and slowly rose to her feet, taking a few wobbly steps to Adalynn, who picked her up as soon as they were close enough. "Ta-da!"

"Look at you go, Little Ada," Adalynn smiled, kissing Ava's cheek. "What about you, Maya?"

"Me sleepy," Maya mumbled, leaning her head onto Julian's shoulder.

"She walked, too," Bailey smiled.

"They grow up so fast," Brittany cooed, looking adoringly between the two babies.

****

"I don't know who any of you are," Brittany said as she stared at a group of teens in the Geography classroom.