Nationals

"This is bad, this is bad, this is really really bad," Adalynn mumbled as she paced back and forth in the hotel room biting her nail. "Things can't possibly get any worse."

"Adalynn, breathe," Quinn said, placing her hands on the younger girl's shoulders. "It's gonna be okay."

"What's going on?" Mr. Schue asked as he came into the room. "How bad is it?"

"Her temperature is 101 degrees," Sue said as she took a thermometer out of Mercedes' mouth. "Given the fact that Wheezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either Amazonian dengue fever, or the H1N1 super virus."

"We're so screwed," Adalynn sighed.

"Or I have food poisoning," said Mercedes.

"We all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to Chipotle, but Mercedes tried some dive called Señora Salsation," Santana told Mr. Schue.

"I told you we should've gotten pizza instead, but did anyone listen to me?" Adalynn grumbled, crossing her arms over her chest as she sat down on the bed with Tina and Bailey.

"Julian will be here any minute with some medicine," Bailey said as she checked her phone. "We just have to stay positive."

"Okay, I'm positive we're doomed and all our hard work this year was for nothing," Adalynn said, running a hand through her hair.

"Positive, Ada," said Tina.

"You be positive," the brunette scoffed. "I'll be realistic. We're fucked, and not in the good way."

"Adalynn Emilia," Quinn said, sending her girlfriend a stern look.

"What? I'm just being honest."

"So here's the plan," Mr. Schue said, getting everyone's attention. "Mercedes, you're on bed rest. Quinn, you're stepping in."

"No, no, no," Quinn shook her head. "I can't dance that number. I can't sing it either, not like–"

"The Troubletones need you, Quinn," said Adalynn. "You can do it."

"And you're better than you think you are," Tina added.

"Tina, you too," said Mr. Schue. "You're in the Troubletones."

"Mr. Schue, this is my last competition," Mercedes groaned as she sat up. "I don't want to miss it."

"Amen to that, sister," said Sue. "That's why I'm putting you on a vitamin B12 drip. We're flushing your system with Pedialyte. I'm gonna fill that bathtub with ice, and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal. Worked on Jacob's Ladder."

"Alright, we all have our marching orders," Mr. Schue said, clapping his hands together. "Let's do it."

****

The New Directions were supposed to be rehearsing for the upcoming nationals competition, but, of course, it ended up turning into a screaming match.

"Would you all just shut the fuck up?!" Adalynn yelled, banging her head against the wall.

"Addie, don't do that," Quinn said, pulling her away from the wall before she could hurt herself.

"Guys, there are babies in the room!" Bailey shouted, hugging a crying Maya to her chest as Julian tried to calm down Ava.

"What's going on?!" Mr. Schue yelled over the noise as he ran into the room.

"He's studying for Geography while we're trying to rehearse!" Sam shouted, pointing to Puck. "It's bogus!"

"I already know the dance!" Puck yelled.

"Stop!" Maya cried, burying her face in Bailey's chest as the blonde stood up to take her out of the room. "Mama, no more! No more!"