Tina in the Sky with Diamonds

"Come on, guys. We're back with the Beatles!" Mr. Schue cheered as everyone clapped. "We're leaving the mop tops behind and moving on into their experimental years. Now, the Rubber Soul album marked a turning point with the group where they literally and figuratively let their hair down. And the Beatles were the biggest musical act in the world. They could have remained in their comfort zones, but instead, they risked everything to explore new musical worlds."

"He's been talking a really long time," Adalynn grumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms over her chest and sank down in her chair.

"They had something important to say, and they weren't gonna let something as silly as the fear of failure get in the way. Now–"

"Good afternoon McKinley High."

"Thank fuck," Adalynn said as Sue Sylvester's voice rang out on the PA system.

"This year all the proms are being fused into one giant brundle-prom."

"What's a brundle-prom?" Marley frowned.

"I don't get the reference," Jake mumbled.

"That's from The Fly," Ryder snapped his fingers in realization.

"And now, for the moment that will crush 99 percent of your misguided views about your own popularity, here are your nominees for prom king and queen," Sue continued. "First, here are your nominees for prom king. Blaine Anderson. Muhammad Omar. Artie Abrams. And Stonder Brett Bukowski."

"Wait, I didn't get nominated for king?" Sam frowned as everyone clapped for Blaine and Artie.

"As last year's queen, I can confirm that you are not royalty material, Fish Face," Adalynn said as she tossed her hair over her shoulder.

"And now onto the queens," Sue continued as Bailey laced her and Tina's fingers together. "Kitty Wilde."

"But I'm a sophomore," Kitty mumbled confusedly as everyone clapped for her.

"Adalynn Hummel... Bailey Pierce... and, inexplicably, Tina Cohen-Chang."

"Yes!" Tina exclaimed as she and Bailey jumped up and hugged each other.

"Okay, okay, we have to campaign together," Bailey said as Adalynn smiled at them.

"You both have my vote," she smiled as she stood up to hug her best friends.

"Congratulations. Six of you will be disappointed."

****

Maya grunted as pulled the handle to the door to Bailey's room. Ava helped her push it open, and the two toddlers walked in and crawled up on the bed.

"Hi, Tubby," Maya said as she plopped down next to Lord Tubbington.

"Want treat?" Ava asked as she took a cheese cube out of her jumper pocket.

"But Mommy said no," the older twin frowned.

"Gappa said yes," the younger twin smiled. "Ere, Tubby. Es chee."

Lord Tubbington looked at the cheese cube with an unamused expression on his face. Ava set it down on the bed in front of him, and he lazily sat up and ate it.

"Want 'ore?"

"No! Ava, you bad!" Maya scolded. "Tubby no eat chee."

"Tubby like chee," Ava pouted as she took a bite out of a cheese cube.

Lord Tubbington stretched before jumping off the bed and leaving Bailey's room, his tail swishing sassily behind him.

"Tubby, come back!" Ava whined as she crawled off the bed, Maya following close behind as they followed the cat downstairs.