The Back-Up Plan

"Okay, what about this," Bailey said, clearing her throat as she sat up straighter. "Cause baby, I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me. And every day is like a battle, but every night with us is like a dream. Baby, we're the new romantics. Come on, come along with me. Heartbreak is the national anthem, we sing it proudly. We are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet. Baby, we're the new romantics. The best people in life are free."

"Oh my god, I love that," Tina grinned as the twins clapped.

"It reminds me of Glee Club in a way," Adalynn said as she tied off the braid she was putting in Ava's hair.

"Yeah, I used our experiences as inspiration," Bailey said as she closed her notebook. "I mean, for years we had to deal with slushie facials, getting tossed into dumpsters, patriotic wedgies..."

"Getting shoved against lockers," Adalynn pointed out.

"And we came back stronger from it," Bailey smiled. "So, this is just a way to tell everyone that everything they did to try and tear me down failed. I'm still here, I'm living my best life."

"And the song has a really fun dancey feel to it," said Tina.

"Britt teach me and Ava dance," Maya said as she did a couple dance moves that their aunt had taught them.

"I donts like dance," Ava mumbled around the straw of her juice box. "I wan' act like Ada."

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do," Bailey reassured her youngest daughter.

"And I'd be more than happy to teach you a few things about acting," Adalynn said as Ava smiled up at her.

"Really?" the three year old asked. "You teach me how ta be 'ike you?"

"You don't wanna be like me," Adalynn sighed, shaking her head. "I never want you to have to deal with what I've had to."

"But you teach me how ta act, right?" Ava frowned.

"Yeah, of course," Adalynn nodded, smiling when Ava did too.

"What 'bout me?" Maya asked as she walked over to her. "You teach me too?"

"No!" Ava whined, protectively hugging Adalynn's torso. "No, no, no! My Ada!"

"Share!" Maya grunted, scrunching her brows in annoyance as Ava pushed her away.

"Ava," Adalynn said sternly. "You do not shove your sister, okay?"

"But–"

"No buts, Ava Grace," Adalynn shook her head.

"We need to get out of here," Bailey said as she stood up. "I think the twins are getting restless."

"Mommy, can we go to the park?" Maya asked as she ate an animal cracker.

"Park!" Ava cheered, throwing her arms in the air in excitement.

"Yeah, of course," Bailey said as she took her jacket off the coat hanger.

"Ada, come on!" Ava said, pulling on the brunette's arm as she checked her phone.

"Sorry, Little Ada. 911 text from Kurt," Adalynn frowned, furrowing her brows as she read the text message. "Rachel's jeopardizing her Broadway career. I've got a feeling that I'm gonna have to do damage control."

"What happened?" Tina asked.

"She's going to LA to audition for a TV show," Adalynn said as she grabbed her bag. "She's lying to her director, and I have a really bad feeling that something's gonna go wrong. I should probably hang out here, just in case."