Pot O Gold

"Hi, Santana," Mercedes greeted as she approached the Latina at her locker. "How many solos did you get in Glee Club last year?"

"A few," Santana shrugged.

"One. Valerie. And I loved it."

"I was also the lips in Rocky Horror."

"Listen, if you and I were in Shelby's group, we'd get all the solos and the duets," said Mercedes. "Our voices sound amazing together. Plus it's an all girl group."

"Why would I care about all girl?" Santana asked, closing her locker.

"It's all lady power all the time," Mercedes said as they started heading down the hall. "Shelby's a great teacher. I'm hitting notes I didn't even know existed. She gets me. What I have to give. I feels good."

"You know, honestly, I wish I could, but somebody's got to look out for Brittany, Bailey, and the twins," the Latina said. "I mean, that special place where Britt lives, yeah it's beautiful, but someone's gotta help her cross the street. And Bailey's been through so much already, so someone has to be there to protect her. And I have to make sure Berry doesn't brainwash the twins into being Barbra worshipers. I could never just leave them."

"Get them to come with you," Mercedes smiled. "And if you get Bailey, you get Adalynn too. Those girls do everything together."

Mercedes walked away. Santana crossed her arms over her chest and thought things over for a moment before nodding and heading down the hall, unaware that Finn had heard everything.

****

Bailey comfortingly rubbed a crying Tina's back as Maya reached a hand up to pat her cheek, which was damp with tears.

"You know what, girl Chang?" Santana scoffed. "If you cry every time someone gets a hangnail, it kind of starts to lose its effect."

"It's not a hangnail," Tina sniffled, hugging Maya close to her chest. "Mercedes was one of Glee's original members. I feel naked in here without her."

"Yeah, well, get used to it," said Puck. "Cause without her singing for us we're gonna have to perform naked for the judges to vote for us at sectionals."

"No," said Mr. Schue. "I will not let this setback crush our spirits. We have handled worse."

"Than losing one of our best singers?" Bailey asked as she took a whining Ava from Mike.

"Kind of hard not to blame you, Mr. Schue," Quinn said as Adalynn nodded in agreement. "I think you were too hard on her at booty camp."

"Sorry I'm late," Rachel said as she came into the room. "I was putting up posters for my campaign."

"Dang it she's alive," Adalynn whined, hiding her face in Quinn's neck. "I thought she finally dropped dead."

"I thought you two were done fighting?" the blonde asked as she wrapped her arms around the younger girl and kissed her temple.

"She's my understudy," the brunette pouted. "I can't trust her."

"Did you airbrush out your jowls?" Kurt asked Rachel.

"No," the diva scoffed.

"If you dare lay one finger on Adalynn to play the lead, you're dead," Quinn said, glaring at Rachel.

"Look, stop it, everybody!" Finn snapped, standing up. "So we lost a singer. So they canceled the musical–"

"Wait, what?" Rachel asked. "No, no, no, no. You can't cancel my musical."

"You're the fucking understudy!" Adalynn snapped. "It's not your musical!"

"Sue cut the funding," said Mike.