Blame It On The Alcohol

All week, there had been talk about a party at Rachel's house.

Bailey knew what a teenage party meant, so she wasn't planning on going. Alcohol wasn't good for the babies' development, and she knew that since Puck helped plan the party there would be tons of it.

Julian - as much as he would love to drink an entire six pack of beer - knew that he needed to make things right with Bailey. Instead of going with his cousins to Rachel's party, he decided to stay with her and order takeout to eat while they watch a movie.

Adalynn didn't want to go at all. Quinn was going to be there. Yet here she was wearing a black dress as she sat on a couch in Rachel's basement with a bottle of water in her hands, counting down the minutes until she could go home - which wouldn't be for several hours.

"Hey, Adalynn," Tina said as she sat down next to her friend. "How are you feeling?"

"I want to go home," Adalynn mumbled, running a hand through her hair. "I don't want to be in the same room as her."

"I'm sorry about what went down between you two," the goth said sympathetically. "What exactly did she mean when she said that everything was a mistake? You guys didn't have... you know... did you?"

"No, we didn't," the brunette said. "We just made out. And then she ripped my heart out. I gave her everything I could and now she's acting like it meant nothing to her. Like I mean nothing to her."

From her spot across the room, Quinn watched as Tina and Adalynn talked. She knew it was about her by the way the brunette kept messing with her hair and the stress wrinkle that appeared on her forehead. She felt terrible about what she had said. She was scared of the strong feelings she had developed for the sassy younger Hummel, so she panicked and said the worst thing to say to a queer person.

I'm not like you.

If Quinn could take it back, she would. But she couldn't. The damage had already been done, and she had hurt the one person in her life who never stopped caring about her when she was at her lowest.

"Let's party!"

****

Music blasted as a room full of drunk teenagers downed cup after cup of alcohol, except for Adalynn, Kurt, and Finn, who decided to stay sober.

"Are you guys not drinking?" Kurt asked over the music as he danced up next to his sister and step brother.

"Nope," Adalynn shook her head.

"Designated driver," Finn shouted over the music. "What about you?"

"I'm still trying to impress Blaine. Can't get too sloppy," Kurt said as he glanced over to the drunk Warbler. "Clearly he doesn't have the same concern."

"Hey," a drunk Blaine said as he came up and put an arm around Adalynn. "It is so cool that Kurt is your big brother. Right? Brother!" He looked up at Finn. "Wow, you're so tall."

"You having fun Blaine?" Kurt asked, chuckling.

"Yeah. This is the best party ever!"

Kurt went up and put an arm around Blaine, the pair stumbling away. Adalynn chuckled and shook her head.

"Finny," Rachel said as she came up and hugged the quarterback. "Dance with me. We had it going on, right? I wasn't making it up or anything? I would do anything for you. Anything."

"Okay Rachel," Finn said as he pushed the diva off of him. "Since this is your first time, I'm gonna break it down for you."

Finn sat Rachel down on the floor, and Adalynn sat down on the other side of the drunk older girl.