Britney 2.0

"This is the year, I can feel it," Bailey said to herself as she looked in the mirror. "This is the year all our dreams come true. Just stick to the plan: no boys, no drama, all smiles."

She took a deep breath and flashed her perfect, pearly white smile into the mirror of the school bathroom before walking out with her head held high. She stopped by her locker to put her things away before heading down the crowded hallway.

A voice caught her attention, and she furrowed her brows when she saw her sister standing in the middle of the hallway talking to the empty space in front of her.

"...and now I'm planning a Middle East style sham election that will install me as senior class president for life."

"Britt-Britt, who are you talking to?" Bailey asked as she walked up from behind her sister.

"I thought I was doing a voice over," Brittany mumbled.

"Okay," the younger Pierce nodded confusedly as the taller girl walked away.

****

Adalynn laid flat on her stomach on her bed as she watched Oreo play with his dog toy. Her phone lit up, and she didn't even wait for it to get to the best part of the Beetlejuice song that she had set as her ringtone when she saw that it was Quinn.

She gasped and quickly made a move to grab it, her shaky hands fumbling with her phone for a moment before she finally answered and put it on speaker.

"Hey, Quinn!" Adalynn smiled.

"Addie, I'm so sorry it took me so long to call you," Quinn said from the other end of the line. "The workload at Yale is so intense."

"That's fine, I totally get it."

"Are you sure? Cause I don't want you to think that I've forgotten about you or anything."

"Why would I think that?" Adalynn asked, pulling down her long sleeves as guilt churned in her stomach from what she had done three nights ago to distract herself from her thoughts.

"I don't know... I know you've been lonely ever since Finn and Kurt left," Quinn sighed.

"I'm not lonely. I have Oreo. I have Bailey, Tina, and Brittany. I still have Julian. Oh, did you know he's interning for Mr. Shoelaces?"

"I think you might have mentioned that. Or maybe Britt told me. I don't know, I heard it from someone. So, how are you doing?"

"As good as I can be, I guess," Adalynn shrugged, leaning back against her headboard as Oreo curled up in her lap. She smiled as she petted the 4 month old puppy. "There's this girl, Kitty. She's so annoying. She sat at our table for a little bit at the beginning of the school year. I don't know her that well, but it doesn't take an idiot to see that she's trying to be you."

"That bothers you, doesn't it?" Quinn chuckled as she sat down cross-legged on her bed.

"Yes."

"How come?"

"Because, there's only one Quinn Fabray, and that's you. Kitty's just a Dollar Store wannabe."

"Addie, I think you're too quick to judge people."

"Well, of course you would say that. I don't need to get to know her to know that she's a bitch. I already told Ava that, and she believes me."

"Obviously, she's a baby," Quinn said as she leaned back against the pillows. "Little kids believe everything. Plus, she worships you, so she'll believe anything you tell her."