I Am Unicorn

"Alright, New Directions!" Mr. Schue announced as he came into the choir room. "Big news. As you all know, Vocal Adrenaline came in second last year at nationals."

"The only good thing to come out of that lost weekend," Finn said as Rachel elbowed him. "Besides us getting back together," he quickly added.

"Well, the boosters at Carmel don't donate tens of thousands of dollars every year to come in second," the teacher continued. "So, they fired Dustin Goolsby."

"So handsome," Artie said as he gently took the hand Ava was extending to him. "Hi, cutie."

"She likes you," Bailey smiled. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Okay," the brunette boy nodded.

"Artie's gonna hold you for a while, okay, sweetie? You're gonna be just fine," Bailey said as she passed Ava off to Artie. The baby looked up at the boy with wide blue eyes and reached a hand up to grab at his glasses. "No, no, silly baby," the blonde chuckled as she pulled one of Ava's toys out of her bag and handed it to her to play with instead.

"They're having trouble finding a new coach," Mr. Schue said, trying to get back on track. "Seems that no one wants to take on that pressure cooker."

"That means they're vulnerable," Tina said as she played with the blonde hairs on Maya's head.

"Yes. And if we work hard enough, we can beat them. Which is why I realized that I can't direct the musical this year."

"Mr. Schue, you can't cancel the musical," Rachel was quick to protest. "My New York dreams depend on it."

"Other's have New York dreams too, Berry," Adalynn scoffed.

"Don't push me, Hummel," the older girl said, turning to glare at the junior behind her.

"I will gladly push you in front of a bus for that lead role."

"Lydia is mine."

"You still have to audition."

"And I'm gonna get the part!"

"It's not just going to be handed to you!"

"Guys, enough!" Mr. Schue snapped. "You both have to audition, and the part will go to whoever deserves it. Now, I'm not canceling it. I'm just not directing it. My sole focus has to be here. Nationals, nationals, nationals." He began to walk over to the board. "It's not just me that's going to have to focus harder this year. I've been too easy on you. So every day after choir practice, I am instituting a mandatory booty camp so that we can work on our dancing. Now, it's not for all of you. Just the people that I think need help. Like–"

"Me," Bailey spoke up.

"Me too," said Finn.

"How did you know?" Mr. Schue asked jokingly.

"My dancing is definitely rusty since I couldn't practice much last year," Bailey said as she took Ava back from Artie.

"And Puckerman. Kurt."

"I must protest," said Kurt.

"You kind of have one move, Kurt," said Mike. "It's like this sashay," he said, shaking his shoulders. "And it's super distracting."

"I like Kurt's dancing," Adalynn shrugged.

"Jones."

"What?" Mercedes asked. "Hell to the nizzy no."

"You told me once you were Beyoncé," said Mr. Schue. "You don't think she spends extra time in the dance studio? Mike Chang has offered to be my assistant. And we start tomorrow. And yes, Puckerman, it's mandatory."