The Role You Were Born To Play

Adalynn fixed the collar of her red blazer. She smoothed out her plaid skirt before slipping on the matching knee-high socks and putting on her red heals. She fixed her hair before applying a layer of red lipstick.

"I look smoking hot," she said, tossing her hair over her shoulder before leaving her bathroom, smiling when she saw Ava sitting on her bed in an outfit that matched hers. "Look at you, Little Ada," she smiled as she picked up the baby. "You look exactly like yours truly."

"Ada so pwetty," Ava said as she grabbed the sides of Adalynn's face.

"That's all you, sweetie," Adalynn smiled, kissing Ava's nose.

"Adalynn, you ready to go?" Burt called from downstairs.

"Coming, Daddy!" the brunette called back. She pulled her locket out from where it had gotten tucked under her shirt before grabbing her bag and slipping it on over her shoulders. She spotted the ring that Quinn had given her on her bedside table. She looked at it for a moment before turning and leaving her room, holding Ava close to her as they went downstairs.

"Adalynn, what are you wearing?" Julian asked.

"I'm getting into character for Heathers auditions," the younger girl said, smiling innocently at her cousin.

"I'm not letting my step-sister out of the house dressed like that," Finn mumbled, shaking his head.

"It's easier just to say 'sister,' Frankenteen," Adalynn said, patting her brother on the shoulder before walking out to the car.

****

Once arriving at McKinley, Adalynn met up with Tina, who was dressed as Heather Duke, and Bailey, who was dressed as Heather McNamara. Maya was dressed in a matching outfit to her mom's, and she clapped when she saw Ava.

"Awa pwetty!" the older twin smiled.

"Tants, May," Ava smiled. "Tu es pwetty too!"

"Tants!"

"You guys look so good," Marley smiled at the upperclassmen as she approached them. However, her smile faded as she gripped the straps of her backpack. "I wish I looked like you."

"Girl, don't worry," Tina said as she pulled out a blue outfit identical to Veronica Sawyer's. She exchanged a knowing look with Bailey and Adalynn before handing Marley the outfit. "We've got you covered."

"Are you serious?" Marley gasped as the twins smiled and clapped their hands together.

"And ya know, ya know, ya know? This could be beautiful," Adalynn sang, smiling at the sophomore. "Mascara, maybe some lip gloss, and we're on our way. Get this girl some blush, and Bailey, I need your brush. Let's make her beautiful."

"Let's make her beautiful," Tina sang as she grabbed her make-up bag.

"Let's make her beautiful," Bailey sang as she grabbed her hair brush from her locker.

"Make her beautiful," Adalynn sang as they led Marley to the bathroom. "Okay?"

"Okay," Marley grinned.

The three friend's got to work with Marley's makeover. They fixed her hair, did her make-up, and got her changed into the outfit Tina put together for her.

Cut to the auditorium, and the trio watched with smiles on their faces as they watched Marley's audition for Heathers.

And you know, you know, you know
Life can be beautiful
You hope, you dream, you pray
And you get your way!