Thanksgiving

a/n - trigger warning for self harm

As the bell signaling the end of the school day rang loudly overhead, Adalynn sluggishly put her things away in her bag and slung it over her shoulders as she left her 7th period class. She was dreading Glee Club today. She didn't want to go. She didn't want to see her.

She had managed to get over the break-up, and the last thing she needed was her messing things up again.

It's not that she didn't miss her – she missed her more than she would have liked – but she has no idea if things would ever be like they were before. But, then again, things were never really normal between them when they were 'just friends' because there was always that unspoken truth that they both wanted it to be something more.

Adalynn stopped right outside the door of the choir room. Everyone was back. Well, almost everyone. Kurt and Rachel were nowhere to be seen.

She felt a hand on her back, and turned her head to see Julian.

"Breathe, okay? Don't let her get in your head," the older boy said, comfortingly rubbing his cousin's back. "She's just here for the week, and it'll be over before you know it."

"Right," Adalynn nodded, taking a deep breath before walking into the choir room. She kept her gaze down, and was halfway to the risers when a voice spoke up.

"What, no hug for your favorite badass Latina?"

Adalynn chuckled softly and turned around, coming face-to-face with a smiling Santana, who pulled her into a hug.

"It's nice to see you, Santana," Adalynn said, smiling up at the older girl.

"Yeah, it's nice to see me too," Santana joked, smiling when the younger girl laughed.

Quinn watched with a look of longing as her ex-girlfriend sat down in the back row with Tina, Bailey, and the twins. She stole Ava from Tina, smiling innocently when the other brunette dropped her jaw in protest.

She looked happier – not at all what Quinn was expecting, but she was glad that she wasn't a total mess like she had thought.

Santana smiled smugly at the blonde as she sat down on the piano. Quinn rolled her eyes, not anywhere in the mood for her friend's twisted mind games.

"Alright, do you realize that standing before you are legends?" Finn asked, getting everyone's attention as Glee Club started. "Any single one of these guys could be president of the United States one day."

"I don't know about that," Adalynn mumbled.

"Hi, Lulu!" Ava waved at Quinn with a smile.

"Sanny, me grow," Maya said as she stood up on Bailey's lap.

"My god twins are just the cutest things," Santana smiled.

"And lucky for us, they've agreed to help us–"

"Hang with the new chumps," Puck interrupted Julian, "and see if some of our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you."

"It probably won't," Adalynn shook her head, avoiding Quinn's gaze.

"When you hear your name, pair up," Finn said as he held up a clipboard. "Puck, you're with your brother. Mike, you're with Ryder. Marley, you're with Santana. Kitty, you're with Quinn."

Adalynn rolled her eyes as Kitty got up with a huge grin on her face and hugged Quinn.

"Wade, Mercedes."

"I knew it," said Brittany. "Mercedes was cloned."

"And Jori, you're with Julian," Finn finished as he put the clipboard down. "Your mentors are here to help you with whatever you need. Singing, dancing–"