Chapter Fifty-One

Birds tweeted and sung just outside the window. Sunlight streamed in, lighting the room up uncomfortably and I seemed to be positioned just in the way as the light shone across my face. I groaned and turned over, blankets twisted around my legs before sliding off of me and onto the floor.

    "Really?" I grumbled into the pillow.

    I rolled onto my back and stared tiredly up at the ceiling. And all of yesterday's events floated back to me.

    Being kidnapped, not believing it. Laughing about it. Arguing with Hollee whilst Elijah my kidnapper just watched. Her locking herself in a room. Elijah being killed. Playing with Stefan's face. Damon... Damon. Just thinking about him hurt. He didn't care. He lied to me. That night we spent together really was a one time thing. I should have known.

    I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, untangling it as well as I could with my my fingers. 

I glanced around, taking in my surrounding and noted that I was in Damon's room. My dress was draped over a chair in the corner and that made me glance down. I was still wearing the short I had managed to slide on but instead of the purple camisole Hollee had given me to wear, I was dressed in a black shirt. There was no doubt in my mind as to who this belonged too and that pissed me off. I didn't want to be wearing his clothes. It didn't feel right after last night. 

    But as I looked around,  my only other option was the dress and that was a big no. But then I remembered the bag Hollee bought around for me last night. No doubt she packed extra clothes in there. 

    I hopped off the bed, leaving the duvet on the floor -Damon can clean that up-  and headed out the door to scout out my bag, where ever the hell the ended up.

    As I crept down the stairs, voices could be heard from the living room. Unfortunately that was where I was heading and I really wasn't in the mood to face anyone right now, especially Damon. I suppose I could just turn around and head back upstairs but then I'd be trapped in Damon's room wearing his clothing and no way in hell was that going to happen.

    So I just walked in. And as I did, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked over at me, almost like they'd been caught doing something they shouldn't have. When my eyes zeroed in on Rose that was actually a very believable thought. What the hell was she doing here? 

    Stefan and Elena were sat on one of the couches, Damon unsurprisingly by the alcohol, Hollee was stood by the fire place where she had a good view of everything and Rose was secluded on the other couch.

    "Hey," I greeted casually. "How are you all?"

    And then I found it. By the bookcase in the corner sat a black bag that could only be the one I was looking for. Or it could be one of Damon's bags of weapons, either one would be a good find right now. I felt awkward standing before everyone in Damon's shirt, particularly when they were all already watching me. 

    Hollee was the first to speak. "Hey, how're you feeling today?"

    My eyes flickered to Damon. "Better." And that wasn't exactly a lie because I did feel better. I wasn't how I was yesterday; Childish, unbelieving, completely drugged up. But I knew I wasn't myself still. That was just my hurt keeping me down though. Hollee doesn't need to know any of that, she'll just rip Damon a new one and as much as I'm really not liking him right now, I doubt that would benefit anyone.

    "Good," Hollee said with a sigh. "because I don't think I could deal with you still being loopy. It was like having a child around."

    "A very adorable child." I said with a smile.