Chapter Fifty-Five

I awoke that morning with a smile. Everything was finally back to the way that it should be... Kinda. With Damon and I anyway. We were finally over the problems that were causing barriers between us. We made it though and have finally accepted each other. 

    Last night was amazing, just as good as the first night we spent if not a little bit better. I wasn't shy and slow this time. I knew what he wanted and vice versa. We moved together in perfect harmony, and I could literally feel the love Damon held for me pouring off of him. Even though we had finally made up after everything. I felt guilty about the things I had done and said to him before. I was completely out of line but yet he'd managed to forgive me like it was nothing. That didn't help the guilt in anyway. If anything it made me feel worse. I was such a mean and bad person when it came to things like that, and I would have expected Damon to have been the same but he wasn't. He didn't want to admit it but he really was a good person... When he wanted to be anyway. Because he could also be a very very bad person at the same time. 

    I yawned and stretched. My muscles were sore and over used and it ached to move too much. I pushed myself up and glanced to my side, the bed was empty; no Damon. It didn't take me long to realise where he was when I heard his shower going and him humming rather loudly. My lips twisted into a smile at the sound and chuckled with a shake of my head. I tossed the covers back and quickly went to work collecting my clothes from the bedroom floor and once I had then in a pile threw them on, not caring that they were worn and creased. I can just change when I get home. 

    Damon was still in the shower when I was done, so I left the room and wondered downstairs in search for some food. I was famished. When I walked into the kitchen I found Stefan sitting at the kitchen counter.

    "Hey," I greeted, opening the fridge. 

    "You and Damon seem to have made up." He commented. 

    I smiled unintentionally. "Yeah. We're good now. What are you doing here anyway?" As soon as the words were out of my mouth my eyes widened. "That's not what I meant! This is your house, I didn't mean to question why you'd be in it!"

    Stefan chuckled. "Lillie, it's fine." 

    "Sorry. That sounded rude of me." I apologised.

    He shook his head. "Really, it's fine." he assured. 

    "I just meant; I thought you were meeting up with Caroline today?" I re-worded.

    "I'm meant to. She said she'd call when she was free. Something about having to go and see Tyler first."

    "Her and Tyler are getting rather close, don't you think?" I asked, grabbing the milk. "Do you have cereal?"

    He pointed to a cupboard about my head. "She's been helping him," his eyes flickered to the ceiling where Damon's room was. "With something lately."

    I knew what that 'something' was. I also knew that Damon didn't know and Stefan was trying to keep it that way. 

    I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat down beside Stefan, munching away. "What time is it?" I mumbled around a mouthful of cornflakes. 

    "10:48."

    I cursed and quickly stuffed some more food into my mouth quickly. No one knew I was out last night. I finished the bowl quickly and washed and left it too dry on the draining board. I turned back to Stefan. "Can you tell Damon that I've had to run home and I'll see him later?"

    "You're going home?" 

    "Yeah. No one knows where I am. And the sooner I check in the less trouble I'll be in."