Chapter Sixty-Seven

"Stay in the car." Klaus ordered. He walked around to the trunk of the car and grabbed something out of one of our bags. Stefan quickly followed behind him.

"Why?" I asked over the back seats.

"Because I said so."

"I don't like doing what you say."

"I know that." He muttered. He turned to Stefan. "Lock her in."

I quickly scrambled around, tugging at my seat belt that has chosen this moment to jam. "No, Stefan! Do not lock me in this car!"

He grabbed the keys from where Klaus had left them in the ignition, slammed the door shut and pressed the stupid button. Each lock sank down into the door frame. I finally managed to rip the seatbelt off and tried to use whatever nails I had to pull the lock back up -but it wasn't having any of it. I turned and leant over the back seats, Klaus had yet to close the truck door.

"Why are you doing this? Please don't leave me here!" Normally I would have jumped at the chance to finally be alone but being trapped in a car is not one of the ways I'd like. There's nothing for me to do but look out the window and only see my reflection. It's too dark outside too note anything else.

"Stefan babysit, you'll know when I'll need you."

Surprisingly Klaus left the trunk open as he wandered up the dirt hill toward the lone farmhouse.

"What's he planning?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"You're lying to me."

He looked away from me and gazed out through the trees.

"Is he going to kill them?"

"Probably."

"Why are you being so short?"

"I'm tired, Lillie. I'm not feeling particularly talkative."

"Yeah," I snapped, "I got that."

I slouched in the car and crossed my arms over my chest. This is boring. I don't even have my phone either. "Stefan?"

"What?"

"Do you have your phone?"

". . .Why?"

"Can I borrow it?" I peaked over the chairs childishly and looked at him pleadingly. "Please."

He sighed and reached into his pocket. "Klaus isn't to know you have it, alright. He's already told me not to let you near a phone." He handed it over and I didn't realise how much I missed having my phone on me. It weird how connected you feel to the world when you have this tiny piece of technology on you.

"Thank you." I mumbled, already sliding through his pages looking for his games.

"Does Klaus have your phone?"

"No, the floor does." I replied, "Why don't you have any games?" He had nothing, not as simple game at all. Well this was a waste of time, although I'm not giving it back. I switched to the camera.

"The floor?" he questioned.

I sighed. "I got caught on the phone with Hollee, Klaus got mad and smashed it."

"You're making it really hard to keep you safe." He commented.

"For some unknown reason, i'm already safe. Klaus can't hurt me because he needs something."