chapter five

"Bye. Dont let the door hit you on the way out." I shouted from the kitchen to Damon and Caroline, who had finally found it time to go. I lent against the counter staring at the steam flowing from my hot chocolate, blowing lightly and sipping. No vocal response was heard from the leaving couple but the banging of the door indicated they had left. Footsteps made their way to me. I looked up and smiled at Elena and Stefan.

"Not leaving with your brother?" I questioned.

He shook his head. "No. We don't really get along."

"Yeah, i kinda noticed that."

"I'm sorry if Damon was harassing you in here earlier." He apologized.

"I dealt with him. He's an arse, but there is a small...and i mean miniscule part of him that is, maybe the tiniest bit likable." I dropped one hand from my mug and put my index finger as close to my thumb as i could get but still leaving a small gap, showing step i did mean a small part.

Stefan smiled at me. "That does sound small." He joked. "I, erm, actually should probley get going." He rubbed the back of his neck and have me one last smile before turning to Elena who had made her self some coffee.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked walking up to her. She turned around and smile.

"Yeah." She gave him a kiss and showed him to the door, I walked with them heading for the stairs. Stopping at the bottom.

"Goodnight, Elena. Night, Stefan."

"Lils, i like your necklace. Is it new? I don't remember seeing it before." Elena casually asked as we weaved in and out of students looking for Stefan. I glanced down at the Ruby red locket that hung comfortably around my neck, bringing my right hand up and touching it gently.

"Yeah, a friend in florida gave it to me." She glanced over at me before spotting Stefan standing with his back to us.

"Ooh. Look at you. You look hot in your jersey." Elena teased him from behind, making him turn.

I scoffed. "Everyone looks hot in a jersey." Stefan laughed and Elena glared at me. Shrugging innocently i looked around trying to find Vicki. "What? They do."

"What happened? No more cheerleader?" Stefan asked.

"I quit. I'm a quitter."

"True." I said.

"No, hey you're not a quitter. You suffered a great loss." He started.

"And that's my cue to leave. Good luck tonight Stefan." I left them to their heavy conversation and went in search of my own friends.

"I forgot how boring these things were." I whispered in Vicki's ear who laughed in response. Tyler walked over to us but his eyes were behind us...On Jeremy.

"Is that Jeremy?" He didn't wait for a reply and stormed towards him. Me and Vicki hurried after him pulling on him arms.

"Ty, forget about it. Come on." I begged.

Jeremy jumped down from the bed on a truck and sauntered towards Tyler.

"Oh, don't look so down. You can have her when I'm done." Tyler assured. I balled my hands in to fists, willing my self not to punch him, but Jeremy beat me to it. He swung at Tyler hitting him square in the jaw, and then it went crazy. Both were on the floor throwing punch after punch.

"Tyler, stop it! Tyler, Stop!" Vicki yelled over and over again. Stefan come over and grabbed Tyler off of Jeremy.

"Hey, he's down! Enough!" Stefan's voice boomed. Again he's gained more appreciation from me, Before anyone knew what was happening, Jeremy went at Tyler with a large piece of broken glass, Stefan pushed him out the way and the glass sliced through his hand like a hot knife in butter. Elena rushed forward.