Chapter Sixty Three.

I thought that by the next morning I would have begun to feel a little bit better. The funeral was done. They've been buried- put to rest. Ishould feel better. But I don't. I could still feel it hanging over me and I don't know why but it's worse than when my parents past. I woke this morning and all I wanted to do was stay in bed, stare at nothing; just stay in. But even before Elena and Jeremy came barging into my room I knew that they would have allowed me to have done that much longer. And if I had kicked up a fuss about it they would have stayed until I was too annoyed to stay still and then I would have wanted out of the room. And Jeremy and Elena, when they join forces they can be the most annoying duo I know.

That's actually how the morning went by. Jeremy stole my duvet and pillows, storing them in his room so I'd have to get out of bed to collect them and Elena sat beside me on the bed tugging constantly at my arm. I wanted to lose my temper and I was so tempted to do it. But after yesterday I couldn't bring myself to yell or do anything mean. That's not like me at all. Normally I didn't care, but Elena and I were good again, and Jer and I have always been good, I didn't want to ruin that for a petty reason.

Although as the cold wind whistled through the air, screaming kids barged past me and Elena shoved me forward towards an empty patch of grass, I wished that I had yelled at them, told them to get lost and leave me alone. That would have been the easier thing to have done. But instead I allowed them to drag me along to the stupid Gone With The Wind showing that I cared nothing about.

"Put the blanket down here, Lillie." Elena instructed. She put the basket on the ground and gestured to Jeremy and Caroline to take a corner of the blanket I was holding. I shook it out and they helped me lay it flat.

"Why are we even here?" Jeremy complained, flopping down heavily.

"Because this is a normal event. We need a bit of normal." Caroline said.

"We live in the world of vampires, nothing we do is normal anymore." He argued.

I wanted to agree with him but decided to keep my mouth shut. It was the easiest thing to do and I didn't want any trouble from anyone today.

"Then pretend." She said before turning to Elena. "When's everyone else arriving?"

"If I count as 'everyone else', then now," Hollee said as she approached us. She had a bag thrown over her shoulder.

I glanced at her but then focused back on the boring movie. Why did Elena have to invite people?

"Hollee, Hi." Elena greeted, smiling. Jeremy grunted, although that's all he was giving anyone on the way here and Caroline gave a polite 'hi'.

"Hey Elena," Hollee grabbed a bright pink blanket from her bag and set it down beside us. In the left hand corner it had her initials in sparkly press on diamond things.

"What does the H.L.S. stand for?" Caroline asked.

"Hollee Luella Sargent." Jeremy answered casually, barely even paying attention. Even though he was probably as bored as I was he was actually looking like he was watching the movie.

"Wow, Jer, you know my whole name?"

Jeremy just grunted and waved his hand in her direction. Hollee then looked at Caroline.

"Yeah, I had my initials embossed in Swarovski crystals when my brother kept stealing it,"

"Your brother likes pink?"

"He likes dick too."

Understanding washed over Caroline and she instantly shut her mouth not quite knowing what to say in reply to that. I had to bite my lip not to laugh. If Caroline had met Mike then just from his behavior it would have been obvious that he was gay. It was amusing to see her struggle to find the right words to say, she didn't want to accidentally offend anyone, especially considering her dad was gay too.