Chapter Eighty-One

as I stood outside the door, waiting. What if he's not in? What if he doesn't want me here? But I wasn't left to fret over the possibilities very long, as the door slowly swung open. Although I was definitely not greeted by my brother.

"Hi," the stranger greeted, with a slightly confused down pull of his brows. He was taller than I was and very very ginger. "Are you lost?"

I cleared my throat and hoisted my bag further up my shoulder. "Actually, I'm looking for Jeremy Gilbert. I was told this was his room."

Gingers brows shot up in surprise. "You're looking for Gilbert?"

"That's what I just said, isn't it."

"Yeah, I just, uh," he shook his head. "Never mind, come in." Then he moved out of the way and let me inside. "He's in class right now, but he shouldn't be long. You can wait here for him if you want too."

I sauntered past him and I didn't realise that I would be walking into hell, until it was too late. Jeremy had never been really tidy but this was something else altogether. The room looked like it belonged off some horrid TV show, something that did make-over kind of things, but this was what the rooms looked like before they were transformed into something pretty. It was disgusting and for a moment I was horrified that I related to someone who could live like this.

There were four bed, none made and at least one was missing a duvet. Junk food wrappers littered the floor and tables and there was clothes everywhere.

"Do none of you know how to clean?" My nose wrinkled and I didn't know where to stand. I don't want to touch anything.

"We're teenage boys," Ginger said like it was obvious. And I guess it should have been, but I never expected them to be this unhygienic.

"It's disgusting."

Ginger started moving around the room, grabbing the discarded clothes from the ground and the proceeded to chuck them in a hamper. "I know. Trust me, I hate having to clean up after them all."

"When was the last time you cleaned?"

"Believe it or not, three days ago."

"How the fuck does this happen in three day?"

Ginger paused and looked at me. "Teenage boys."

I shook my head and watched as he tidied. "You know you don't actually have to do that, don't you. Leave it and eventually they'll clean it themselves."

"I'm not living like a pig just to make a point."

"You're one of Jer's roommates then." I stated.

"What gave it away?" He said sarcastically.

"Your self-righteous attitude, Jeremy attracts those kind of people." I glanced around. "Which bed is his?"

He pointed to the far one, pressed up against the wall just under a window. I walked over to it, dropped my bag to the side and went about making it. It wasn't as messy as I expected, but the duvet sure did confuse me for a moment. How the hell had he managed to twist it within the covers. When it was presentable, to the best of my ability - I wasn't the best at making beds either- I plonked myself down on it.

"So," I started, "who are you?"

He glanced over his shoulder. "I could ask you the same thing."

"I asked you first."

He rolled his eyes. "Jamie. Your turn."

"Lillie."