chapter twenty

Last night i kept tossing and turning, my thought with Stefan and Damon. I knew that Stefan wouldnt kill Damon, he couldnt, he's too kind and loving, that and the fact that the guilt would eat him alive for all eternity, but i couldnt help but worry. Even if he doesnt kill Damon that doesnt mean that he wont hurt him, and i wouldnt even blame him, i'd do the same thing, but the hurt Stefan must be going through. He lost his best friend, the one person who he trusted with every inch of his being was taken away from him. I couldnt even begin to imagine what i would be like if Vicki was killed.

A shiver ran up my spine and an image of Vicki wearing a vampire costume flashed through my mind, but it was gone just as quickly as it appeared. I shook my head and rolled out of bed.

I was eager to get to school. I needed to see Stefan, i needed him to tell me that he was okay, i knew he wouldnt be but i just needed to hear it.

I had avoided Elena all last night and this morning, feeling guilty about leaving with Stefan last night, even though it was under bad circumstances, i still felt the guilt. I was also weary of the fact that Elena might not know about Lexi death and i didnt feel like i was the person to tell her. I knew she'd have questions about last night, but they're questions i cant answer, questions i wouldnt answer.  

Reaching the school grounds my eyes scanned carefully the grass areas looking for Stefan. My shoulders sagged in dissapointment when i couldnt spot him and continued my way to history.

Entering the classroom i noticed a man no older than about 30 standing behind Mr Tanner's old desk, and he was cute for an older guy. He gave me a small smile and turned to face the board. I felt my cheeks heat up, so i put my head down and hurried over to my seat. Once everyone was seated he turned to face us again.

"Good moring everyone. I'm, Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful. I know, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however was born and raised in Boston. Now, the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-great-grand-father i will never be able to thank enough," I giggled slightly, " You'll probley want to pronounce it 'Alaaric' but it;s 'Alaric', okay. So you can just call me Ric,"  He paused and smiled at the class. "I'm your new History teacher."

I liked him immediatly and he surprisingly knew what he was talking about througout the lesson, plus he was much nicer than Tanner ever was.

History seemed to fly by and i found my self once again enjoying History. Ric asked for me to stay behind after lesson, saying he needed a word with me. When everyone started to leave i grabbed my back-pack and swung it over my shoulder, sulking slowly towards the front. Whenever teachers needs to have a word with me its never good, although i dont recall doing anything telling off worthy this morning.

I reached his desk all to quickly for my liking and just stood there waiting for him to tell me off. But he didnt. He just smiled up at me.

"Take a seat, Lillie-Ann." He said gusturing towards one of the front row seats. I hurried over and sat in the one oposite him.

"It's just Lillie or Ann, eithers fine." I replied with a small smile.

"Okay, Lillie it is. Anyway we are just waiting for one more person."

I fidgeted in my seat before i couldnt hold it in any longer and i blurted, "Am i in trouble, sir?" He just chuckled and shook his head.

"No, of course not."

I let out a sigh of relief and relaxed abit more into the plastic chair. After a few moments of silence Jeremy walked through the door, both of us sending questioning glances at each other.