thirty nine

"Lil-" Elena started.

"No!" I cried. "How could you

? I deserved to know this!" The hurt and betrayal that pulsed though me was unbearbale, my eyes began to water and I had trouble at keeping the tears at bay. I swallowed thickly and I let my gaze slip over to Damon who was already watching me. The previous angry gl int in his eyes long gone and now they showed nothing but concern. "D-did you know?" I asked in a broken whisper. But I already knew, of course he did. And the slow nod confirmed it. 

I shook my head and turned to Ric the same question on my face and he just looked away from me. 

"You all knew." I stated in disbelieve. "And not one of you told me." I looked down, unable to keep my gaze on any of them.

"Lillie, I'm sorry, I meant to tell you." Elena said softly, as she took a step forward.

I immediatly took one back, my head snapping back up to face her. "But you didn't!" I snapped. "You left me in the dark, like you always do, Elena! You're supposed to be my sister, you're supposed to trust me."

"I do trust you!" She retorted angrily. 

I scoffed, what right does she have to be angry at me? "Bullshit! Stop- Just stop lying to me! Because that's all you seem to do to me lately. You think you cant trust me? How the fuck am I ever supposed to trust you? I am sick and tired of eveyone going behind my back and leaving me out of it."

"That's not true, Lillie, and you know it." Elena snapped. 

"Really?" I asked, not beleiving that she would actually say that. "What about the vampire secret? You kept that from me-"

"To protect you!"

I nodded. "To protect me?" I repeated. "I never told you how I found out that secret, did I?" 

Elena shook her head slowly. I ran a hand through my hair and caught Damon watching me out the corner of my eye. I turned away from him and actually shuffled away from all of them. " I was with Vicki at the graveyard and a few other friends." I paused and took a deep breath. I opened my mouth to carry on but Damon cut me off.

"I think this storytime can wait. We have things that need to be done here."

I spun on my heels to face him and glared, my eyes were narrowed and my lips were pulled back. A part of me wished for the arrow again, I wanted him to feel the pain that they're all bringing me with their betrayal. "Maybe I should just skip to the part where you tried to kill me, then. I mean the rest of it realy didn't matter, right?"

"What?!" Elena exclaimed from behind me.

I turned to her, the look on my face remaining as i stared her down, hard. "Yeah, shocking, right?" I paused then shook my head. "Actually, no it's not, It's Damon, what more should we expect."

"If I wanted you dead, you would've been." Damon growled from behind me, he sounded almost hurt by my comment, but I was far to angry with everyone to care.

"You were bored, Damon, Vicki-" I stopped at her name and an image of Vicki and I dancing around the Salvatore boarding house flashed through my mind. Both of us laughing and having fun. VIcki's gone off somewhere, Lillie. She left you here alone. I shook my head from side to side and squeezed my eyes shut. "we were your only form of entertainment, you only kept us alive so you had something to keep you entertained."

"I could have killed you if wanted to, Lillie, but I didn't, okay. I did the opposite, I healed you."

"For what?" I asked exsaperatedly. "Why?"