Chapter forty One

Once we had made it downstairs -with me constantly tugging at the bottom of my skirt, and the Hollee telling me off. We found Jenna, Alaric and Mason stood around the middle isle in the kitchen tossing back shots, laughing over something.

Hollee cleared her throat and everyone turned to face us, Jenna freezing- shot half way to her mouth as she stared at me, like she'd just been caught red handed doing something wrong. I shook my head at her and laughed.

"Having fun." I asked with an easy grin.

Jenna downed the shot quickly, obviously too quickly as the liquid slid down her throat and she spluttered into her hand. 

"You alright?" I asked. 

Jenna's eyes were watering as she continued to cough into her hand, she used the other hand to wave me off and she turned around to grab a glass of water. 

Mason laughed from beside her, placing his own empty shot-glass back onto the counter. "What happened, Jenna, you used to be good at this."

Jenna shot him a look over her glass and Mason just chuckled, shaking his head. 

Alaric walked over past Jenna, gave her a soothing pat on the back and the continued past her over to the bubbling pot on the stove. I couldn't help but to admire Ric and Jenna's relationship. Obviously it was only made official last night, but I was envious of the way it just seemed so natural to them, they didn't need to try it was just how it was. 

"So," I said, "Who's dumb idea was this?" 

"Does it matter?" Hollee asked as she walked away from me into the kitchen, grabbing a shot glass from the table. 

"Actually it does." I said. "'Cause it's an awful idea." 

Hollee filled up her shot glass and then turned back to me. "I'm sure we could make some fun out of this." She lifted her glass in the air slightly before swallowing it back quickly. 

It was then that Elena and Caroline came wondering into the kitchen. Elena glanced over at me as she entered but I immediatly looked away from her but unfortunatly I met Mason's gaze. It was like he was trying to figure something out, like just by looking at me the answer to whatever question he had would be fullfilled. It obviously wasn't when he looked away from me and right away poured himself another shot, downing it in a second. 

"Something bothering you, Mason?"Jenna asked.

Mason licked his lips. "Nope, you know how I was in high-school. Haven't had a good drink in a while." But as he spoke his eyes darted to me and away again un-noticably to everyone but us.

"Here." Hollee said before carefully passing me a shot. I took it from her with an easy grin. 

"Hey!" Jenna exclaimed, she walked over and snatched the shot from my hand, spilling some of the liquid over her hand, but she didn't seem to care. "No alcohol for you. You're underage." SHe reminded me. She swallowed the alcohol back, this one going down much smoother than the last one had, she didn't choke this time- instead just pulled a mixture of very unattractive faces whilst shaking her head abck and forth

I crossed my arms over my chest and pouted childishly. "C'mon, Aunt Jenna." I whined. 

Jenna just shook her head but she smiled nonetheless.

"Hey, Aunt Jenna, is their anything we can do to help?" Elena asked, guestured to Caroline and herself. 

Jenna started to shake her head before she stopped and nodded instead. "Yeah, Come here." She said. "You too, Lillie."

I furrowed my brows but walked over to stand beside her, making sure that I was on the opposite side to Elena. I still hadn't forgiven her for what I had found out yesterday and It seems like she's almost mad at me for being mad at her. But i didn't care, i'm sticking to what I told her yesterday. I'm done with her. 

"Mason, these are my neices, Elena and Lillie." She introduced. 

Mason eyebrows pulled down every-so-slightly, it was un-noticable to most people but I could see he was confused. He nodded in greeting.

"Hey." Elena said, her happy-go-lucky smile on her face. 

Mason's eyes moved from me to Elena several times before he tilted his head to the side "I don't remember Miranda being pregnant three times." 

Everyone in the room paused what they were doing and just stood there. Mason obviously hadn't heard about our story, which was surprising considering things around here spread like a wild fire. 

Jenna shifted on the spot. It was a very uncomfortable topic for her, but she forced a smile. "Elena and Lillie are adopted twins." 

"Oh." Was all Mason managed to say. But I knew there was more floating around in his thoughts, more questions he wanted to ask...me. He now knew everything I never told him, everythihng I avoided telling him before and now he also knows what I lied about. 

Mason stared down at me, his eyes have changed from that slightly friendly feeling they showed earlier to show nothing but a narrowed coldness. "How old are you?" He asked, his attention trained on me and I shivered at just how cold his voice was. 

"17." I answered quietly, almost silently. I didn't want to tell him because it just made this situation that much worse. 

The anger he was feeling was rolling off of him in waves. I'm pretty sure everyone in the room could feel just have furious he was with me, but none of them knowing why. And i didn't want to tell them either, it wasn't something you told your parental guardians and family. 

i swallowed thickly and noticed out the corner of my eyes, Hollee shuffle in closer to me, I wasn't sure whether that was because Mason was the one clutching a the alcohol, she was curious as to what was happeneing or because she knew just how expolosive his anger could be when he was like this. Mason wasn't often angry and it was hard to actually get him to this stage but when he was there it was almost terrifying. 

I could feel everyone's eyes on us, watching the way we were interacting with one another and it was dead obvious that this was not our first meeting. We had history...A lot of it.

"What's up with you two?" She asked curiously. Stepping towards us.

"Nothing!" I said, all to quickly. 

I shot Mason a glare, silently telling him not to say a word, but that was definitely the wrong thing to do judging by the smirk growing slowly on his lips. He was up to something and what ever it was, wasn't going to be good for me. 

I had a feeling everyone here was going to know more that I'd want them too...More than they'd want to know. 

Our secret was definity going to end up being revealed today, there was no doubt about it in my mind...But Mason being Mason was going to drag it out and he's going to have more than just fan doing it. 

His eyes were cruel, but I suppose i deserve that for lying. I always knew lying would cause some kind of problem for  me, but I never in my wildest dreams expected this to be the final outcome 

I took a deep breath, and the truth settle down inside me. 

'Jenna's going to literally kill me when she finds out,' was the only thought playing over and over and over again in my mind. 

Let's just get this over and done with.

Heyyy Guiesss :D Sorry It's been Awhile And Sorry this cHapter is A bit short but I should have another one Out tomorrow :D 
OOOOOh, you're about To Find Out the story behind Mason And Lillie :D EEEEEk :D 

I've bEen writIng future scenes For This Story and I've just written the Scene Where Someone Finally tells LIllie that they Are In love with hEr....OMG, it wAs Adorable.... That should be posted in about 5/6 Chapters Maybe :DI can't wait to See What you Guys tHink!!! 
Anywhore... Much loveeee <3 Mwah