Chapter Seventy-Four

"So, Damon, what's the plan for today?" I dropped down onto the sofa. "We're not expecting anymore ghostly visits are we?"
He grabbed his car keys from the small table. "Doesn't concern you."
"Oh c'mon, you used to tell me stuff. Now you're boring."
"Now i'm being sensible." He corrected.
"'Sensible'?" I snorted. "Like that's ever going to happen. C'mon, Damon, don't go lying to yourself now. It's bad for you."
"For once just- just shut up. I have things to do."
Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. "Can I come?"
"No," he all but scoffed.
"Why not? I'm bored."
"I've got important things to do and I don't need your sarcastic comments following me."
"And if I promise to keep my mouth shut?"
"One, you don't keep promises, and two, you can't keep you mouth shut."
"You're oddly mean today."
"I'm not in the mood to be playing your game that's why."
"Fine," I shrugged. I fell backward on the sofa and laid with my hands behind my head, staring up at the ceiling. "I'll see if Elena's around for a bite to eat."
"Okay, sure, go ahead." Damon said.
I turned my head to look at him slowly. "Did you not hear me? I just said that I was going to go-"
"No I heard you perfectly clear."
"And you're not worried why?" My brows furrowed in confusion. Why isn't he fighting me on this?
"Because she's with Bonnie and I know that she's well protected."
"Of course," I rolled my eyes. "Precious Elena has to be protected at all costs."
"Only when people are wanting to kill her."
"If it makes you more comfortable. I don't technically want to kill her, I just get hungry sometimes. Surely you know what that's like. I must have been a constant temptation."
"Yeah, you were."
"You're agreeing to everything I'm saying," I said with a frown. "This isn't fun."
"Good," he said. "Now, i've got to go. Make yourself at home, not like you haven't done that all ready. If someone comes looking for me, don't tell them anything." He didn't even glance at me as he left the room.
"I don't even know anything!"
The door closed not that long after and I was instantly on my feet, hurrying out the door. He pulling out the drive way and I mentally scolded myself on being pathetic and not owning a car of any sort. That was making spying a little bit harder, guess I had to go with typical vamp style. I mean, realistically I was faster than any car.

It wasn't actually that hard to keep track of Damon, he made it surprisingly easy and when he finally got out of the car that he had packed in front of the Sheriff Station, I was shocked to see him sneak down one of the staircases. Where the hell is he going? Only one way to see.

"How come I never knew this place existed?" I questioned, walking noisily down the steps.
Damon's head snapped up to face me and he rolled his eyes. "Knew it. You just can't help yourself."
"I told you, Damon, I was bored and you were being all secretive and mysterious. I liked that by the way." I hopped off the last step. "What are you hiding down here?"
Damon walked up to a large metal door, pulled the bolt across and yanked it open. I blinked. "Is that. . . Stefan?"
It had to have been. He was chained to a chair in the middle of the room, metal cuffs on each wrist and ankle e was hunched over, head drooping down. But as I stepped into the room it snapped up.
"Bought along a friend to torture me?" He snapped.
"You've been torturing him?" I questioned. "Why?"
"Not just for the fun of it, I can assure you that." He said.
"Doesn't help." I took a step closer to Stefan and I watched him as he watched me. I could see him analyzing each of my steps, trying to figure out what exactly was going on and if i'm being honest I'd like to know that too.
Damon roughly grabbed my arm and yanked me back, taking my place in front of Stefan. "I've tried doing this the Lexi way but i've never really had much confidence in it. So we're going to try my way."
"Hot pokers? More sunlight? Bath me in vervain?" Stefan quipped sarcastically.
But Damon did none of that, instead, reached forward and broke the chains restraining him.
"What's going on?"
I sighed exaggeratedly as the new voice and bit my tongue from just bluntly telling her to fuck off.
"Good to see you so cheery, Xena," Damon greeted, over his shoulder.
"Why are you breaking Stefan out of here – actually, why is Stefan down here in the first place?" Hollee annoyingly questioned. And I didn't miss the accusatory glance either. "And what is she doing here?"
"Why am I here? The real question is why are you here? You have no reason to be. Go away." I snapped.
She ignored me. "What are you doing, Damon? I need answers."
"God you're being demanding today," Damon said.
Stefan slowly got to his feet. He swayed slightly, no doubt from lack of blood. But he stabled pretty quickly.
"I've no time to tolerate you at the moment,"She said. "Or her."
Whatever strained patience I had for Hollee was quickly fading with every 'her' she threw my direction. Damon backed out the room, Stefan and I following behind. I was not risking being locked in just because I was lazy and bored. "Alright, I'll tell you," Damon smirked, "My brother's heading down the same path as Lillie. Emotionless, blood crazy vampires. 'Cept Stefan was compelled to be this way – Lillie chose."
"Another dig my way." I muttered. "I really do hate people."
"Who compelled him?"
"Klaus, who else? It happened the same night Klaus turned your cousin – you came over to ask me about it but you ended up giving Rebekah a lift to school."
"That all happened in one night?"
"More than just that," Damon said.
Hollee and Damon walked ahead of Stefan and I, talking about whatever the hell they could talk about. I didn't question it, just ignored it until we all came to a stop beside Damon's car. Stefan and I exchanged glances and then slid into the back. If Damon and Stefan were going somewhere, I wasn't going to miss out, it could be fun. Or boring but if it's boring, I'd rather be bored with people than alone, at least that way I can blame them for being boring. Hollee and Damon quickly followed us is. Damon in the passenger seat and Hollee driving. That irked me a little bit, Damon never used to let me drive his car. He said I wasn't to be trusted. But yet he let's the werewolf. Hollee started the car and pulled out of the parking space, driving off in a random direction. Where the hell are we even going? The two in the front kept talking about Stefan and I and killing people or something. I wasn't quite sure, Stefan and I out of our, I wouldn't say boredom but it was close enough, started a rock, paper, scissors battle. Turns out I still suck at it.
"What the hell am I doing?" Hollee suddenly questioned after the car fell silent.
"You mean other than being a pain in our asses?" I commented.
"Why the hell am I driving us out of Mystic Falls?" She glanced at Damon. "Did you compel me?"
Oh, honey, if he did, it wouldn't be to drive his fucking car. God, I wanted to say that so badly.
Damon didn't look phased, just smirked at her. "Werewolves can't be compelled, Buffy. We're having a field trip."
"Why did I have to come?"
"Good question." I mumbled.
"I've already answered that," Damon said, "The blood junkies are a handful. Anyway, you don't need to complain, I let you drive."
Dick. That's all I can say about Damon Salvatore.
"Yeah, cause that really makes up for it." muttered Hollee.
"You've wanted to drive my car all summer."
"Not now I don't."
I leant forward between the seats. "Maybe you should just get out then. I'll give you a shove if you'd like."
Damon pushed me back. "Stop it, Lillie. That's enough."
"Look at Damon following you around like a little lost puppy," I said, snidely.
"Lillie," I could hear the warning in Damon's voice and it made it all the more exciting.
"You must have had one hell of an impact on him. I mean, he's defending you – he doesn't defend anyone but himself-" I suddenly gasped as a wicked grin lit up my features. "Are you sleeping with him? Elijah wouldn't be very happy with that. Tut tut tut." Hollee tried to talk over me, but I could see her knuckles turn white as her grip on the stirring wheel tightened.
"I'll direct you, Buffy. I won't let you get us lost. Take a left here." Seems Damon was trying to ignore me too.