twenty seven

"I missed you." A deep, husky voice whispered into my ear. Warm arms encircling around my waist from behind, holding me tightly. I wrapped my own arms over the top of theirs and lent back into their chest.

"I missed you too." I sighed happily.

We both stood there for a few moments, wrapped up in each other watching the sunset over the grassy hill in front of us. I loved times like this, spending the odd rare moments that we get to spend -even if its the smallest amount of time together.

The sky was a mixture of pinks and oranges, blending together as the sun slowly slipped down from the sky, welcoming the darkness that was on it's way.

The hands resting on my hips gave a slight squeeze. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" His warm breath tickled my ears and neck. A shiver traveled down my spine.

"Yes. I wish that I could watch this every single day." I murmured softly.

"Why don't you?"

"It's hard to keep having to hide away from my sister. You know how she is, especially if she knew about you." I whispered. I felt my shoulders sag as I knew that our time was coming to an end. This wouldn't be able to continue if I wanted to respect my sister and I owed that to her.

"Don't think about that." He said sternly. "I know what you're thinking, Lillie."

"This would hurt her. And I could never do that to her. She's all I've got left." I said sadly. My grip on his arms weakening. I let go and pulled away.

I closed my eyes for a few moment, knowing what I had to do. I pulled up the bottom of my creme, layered dress, careful not to step on it. I turned to face him and i faltered at the look he was give me.

His blue eyes looked pained as he stared down at me, his lips pulled together in a tight line. A small smile tugged at my lips when I noticed the slight messiness of his uniform. He was always one to stand out and  not listen to anyone, especially if it was said by his father. His white shirt was slightly wrinkled and un-tucked, his tie messily done, but his hair was by far my favorite. The normally neatly combed black jet  hair was now wind blown and framing his face, giving emphasis to his icy-blue eyes.

I looked down unable to form any words.

"Why can't you ever be happy?" He asked, stepping closer to me, his left hand lifting up to cup my chin.

"I am happy." I whispered.

"Then stay with me." He begged quietly. His eyes boring into mine. 

My hands found their way to cup his cheeks and pull his face closer to mine. His body seemed to relax with the contact of my skin on his and he came in closer, his nose brushing against mine.

I took an un-needed breath, my eyes fluttered shut, and then pulled his face in closer until our lips touched. Our lips just brushed against each other for a few moments before he pressed them tightly together. Our lips moved perfectly in sync and nothing could ever come close to the feeling that he brings me. A small tear slid it's way down my face, as my heart broke in two.

I broke the kiss first, pullin away, but my hands kept his face in place, close to mine. His eyes were shut and a small smile played at the edges of his lips.

"I love you." I whispered.

His eyes flew open in shock. That was the first time that I had ever told him that, and it would be my last.

Before he could say anything. I stared intently into his eyes, my pupils dilating.

"You won't remember this, in fact, you won't remember me or anything to ever do with me. You fell in love with my sister, and you would do anything for her if she asked. You're happier than you have ever felt in your life, you feel complete...Without me." My eyes released tear after tear as I looked into his vacant eyes. "You won't know me, but you'll know that somewhere deep inside that I loved you, Damon."3 person.