Chapter Sixty-Six

As it turned out Klaus really had gotten a pretty strong lead from whoever he had spoken too, however it wasn't as accurate as he thought it would have been. So the search is still on. We're in Tennessee now, now quite sure which part but that was all Klaus allowed me to know.

Stefan was driving this time -which was a change from Klaus' control, but he was sat in the passenger seat snapping directions here and then along with horrible snide comments. Does he really not see that he's a complete asshole? I sat in the middle seat in the back so that I could look out the front window. I wasn't allowed to sit in the side seats. I get travel sick in cars really bad and at the beginning of our trip Klaus said that I was in the way sitting in the middle, he couldn't see out the back window very well. But, just to state it simply, I puked everywhere. . . We had to get a new car after that. But even after up-chucking I still wasn't allowed to sit. I think Klaus' liked seeing me suffer-

"Turn here. Now!" Klaus snapped suddenly just as we were about to drive straight past a turning. Stefan spun the wheel heard and the tires squealed in restraint as we just about made it. My stomach churned and I had to close my eyes for a moment and take a deep breath to sort myself out.

"If you're sick again, i'm going to tie you to the roof." Klaus said.

Yep. He likes to see me suffer. There's no question about it.

"Could you at least give him a warning before telling him when to turn." I snapped.

"No. Be grateful that he has quick reflexes."

"I hate you."

Klaus smirked. "I'm sure that's not true, Lillian."

I dropped my gaze and shuddered at the name. Our conversation from yesterday flooding back to me.

"Stefan, take a walk." Klaus instructed. He was suddenly calm, i'd have to say nearly smug, but what did he had to be smug about?

"Stay." I said, contradicting Klaus' words.

He looked at me. "If you want to talk, Stefan needs to be gone." He shrugged. "Your choice."

I really didn't want to be left alone with Klaus, there was no saying what he was going to do -or say. I was nervous to finally find out what everyone had been hiding from me, Rose knew, Elijah, Katherine and Klaus. That's a lot of very old people who knew something about this giant secret. I could see that Stefan didn't want to leave me alone with Klaus that much was clear. But I needed to know.

"I'll be alright, Stefan." I said softly.

His eyes fell to Klaus and a muscle in his jaw jumped under the pressure but he nodded mechanically.

"Go and have a bite to eat or something." said Klaus offhandedly. He took a seat at the desk and ignored Stefan as he grabbed his coat and walked out of the door.

"You trust Stefan." I noted.

"Depends on in what sense you mean." He replied.

"You just let him walk out that door confident that he'll come back."

"I wouldn't necessarily say that was trust, Lillie. Because under any other circumstance I wouldn't really let him out of my sight."

"Then why now?"

"Because you're here." He said simply. "He wouldn't leave you here all alone. As long as you're here. Stefan'll come back."